Second Weekend in October!

XTreme

57 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Spent the weekend at The Aviator in Sywell. I’m a bit of a sucker for time pieces and its an old art deco officers mess that was so well looked after they kept the original Art Deco fixtures n fittings and turned it into a hotel. Its still a working airfield and has a museum attached (shut this morning so cant tell you what thats like). I loved the old furniture and architecture.

After a lovely ride in the sunshine across the Cotswolds it was a great place to stop. The food menu does not do the place justice at all, it was well executed but very basic pub menu (gammon egg n chips, burger n chips etc etc) but they said they had to pull the menu right back because just like other hotels they cant find staff and have to keep it as simple as possible. Cheaper than most premier inns but much much more interesting. 

https://www.aviatorhotel.co.uk/

I thought you were in Spain now or are you in blighty for your holiday :classic_laugh:

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

I thought you were in Spain now or are you in blighty for your holiday :classic_laugh:

Blighty for a holiday 😂

Work stuff meant we had to return (not surprising). It looks like there maybe a miracle work cure on the horizon (don’t count your chickens etc etc) so perhaps Spain on the bikes within the next couple of weeks 💃 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Which centre?

Its like going on holiday to your local council run sports centre, rubbish food and overpriced activities. Took mine three times under duress because thats where their school friends were going. Only thing I can say thats helpful is take flip flops for the pool showers because the changing rooms have that slippery slime on them that you cant bear to wipe on your towel and who wants wet verruca sludge on their feet🤮 

Good luck

Elveden near Thetford.
It's my middle childs birthday on the 14th and thought it would be a good idea to holiday together. Which is fine till I learned the destination.
I can see I'll be doing lots of walking while they indulge the pool etc.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Catteeclan said:

Elveden near Thetford.
It's my middle childs birthday on the 14th and thought it would be a good idea to holiday together. Which is fine till I learned the destination.
I can see I'll be doing lots of walking while they indulge the pool etc.

I noticed the savvy parents found their way into the pool area remaining fully clothed and sat drinking beer n reading while us less than sensible ones got whacked in the face by sheets of water and the limbs of squealing children 😂 

Bicycle hire is a good move but you might want to face the inevitable now and book up early cos the seasoned parents have all the good shit (and bicycles) booked up long before they arrive!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I noticed the savvy parents found their way into the pool area remaining fully clothed and sat drinking beer n reading while us less than sensible ones got whacked in the face by sheets of water and the limbs of squealing children 😂 

Bicycle hire is a good move but you might want to face the inevitable now and book up early cos the seasoned parents have all the good shit (and bicycles) booked up long before they arrive!

I might well nip back and collect mine and Mandis bikes as we're only a hour away from home.

• Like 4