Africa Twin

Six30

This is on ebay , was bought in 2020, description says this was bought to use off road , its not been to the shops and back and washed on a sunday.

its done 4000 miles .

know some of you are off roaders so would this of been ragged to fuck and done a hard 4000 miles, im thinking probably yes .

Colwyn Bay Motorcycles , any one heard of em or used em ?

image.png.80fa0e69e12d151d9e06863621d76f04.png

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Six30 said:

This is on ebay , was bought in 2020, description says this was bought to use off road , its not been to the shops and back and washed on a sunday.

its done 4000 miles .

know some of you are off roaders so would this of been ragged to fuck and done a hard 4000 miles, im thinking probably yes .

s-l1600.jpg

@Sir Fallsalot and @boboneleg would be the ones to advise on this.

As for the bike, you don't get two sets of wheels unless you're serious about offroading.......and the mileage is low, so I'd be pretty sure it's done a bit in that environment.

Or maybe it was owned by some wannabe who bought all the bling and then discovered that the bike was too much for him on the dirt?

But it'll have a Honda warranty on it so it's not a major risk.....it's just that I'd want an unmolested example.

And Colwyn Bay have been round for years......so they're well established.

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

@Sir Fallsalot and @boboneleg would be the ones to advise on this.

As for the bike, you don't get two sets of wheels unless you're serious about offroading.......and the mileage is low, so I'd be pretty sure it's done a bit in that environment.

Or maybe it was owned by some wannabe who bought all the bling and then discovered that the bike was too much for him on the dirt?

But it'll have a Honda warranty on it so it's not a major risk.....it's just that I'd want an unmolested example.

And Colwyn Bay have been round for years......so they're well established.

id molest it , its had the bits added that id do , full system , tail tidy etc , yeh good point about a wannabe ...

i wont be off roading , might go up a dusty  track lol . thinking of getting something more suitable for two up , buts its got to be something i like the look of , bet it sounds the nuts as well.

If it was owned previously by Lee Salt then it will have done a few Desert Rallies and have spent most of it's life being bounced off the rev limiter.

Have a look at the some of the prices Colwyn Bay ask for some of their other bikes. There are loads of CRF1000/1100 's about, personally I would never buy a bike from them.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Have a look at the some of the prices Colwyn Bay ask for some of their other bikes. There are loads of CRF1000/1100 's about, personally I would never buy a bike from them.

Do they have a bad rep Bob?

26 minutes ago, Six30 said:

i wont be off roading , might go up a dusty  track lol . thinking of getting something more suitable for two up

Gotta be a 1200GS if you want comfort for a pillion! Or a Super Tenere.......though as I understand it from @Catteeclan they're fucking heavy!

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

its done 4000 miles

It's still a road (not race) engine, and a Honda, so even if it's been through hell it's probably good, having said that, if you're not going to use the wheels why buy it? I would go for a pampered one instead, if it was my money. The thought of it having been abused would always be on my mind, that is supposing you would keep it for a long time.

26 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Gotta be a 1200GS if you want comfort for a pillion! Or a Super Tenere.......though as I understand it from @Catteeclan they're fucking heavy!

Having talked to a few people with pillion experience in a few bikes, there is no comfort for a pillion like a BMW rear suspension and seat (more so on bad roads), be it a GS or an RT.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

It's still a road (not race) engine, and a Honda, so even if it's been through hell it's probably good, having said that, if you're not going to use the wheels why buy it? I would go for a pampered one instead, if it was my money. The thought of it having been abused would always be on my mind, that is supposing you would keep it for a long time.

Having talked to a few people with pillion experience in a few bikes, there is no comfort for a pillion like a BMW rear suspension and seat (more so on bad roads), be it a GS or an RT.

The wife always says that nothing has ever got close to the comfort she had on the R1150GS.

I’m guessing if it is what it looks like it has never been off-road in anger, front wheel is too small, looks like someone bought it hoping to become an off-road god but soon realised that they were being a cunt.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Buckster said:

I’m guessing if it is what it looks like it has never been off-road in anger, front wheel is too small, looks like someone bought it hoping to become an off-road god but soon realised that they were being a cunt.

I expect they did a bit of trail braking and binned it like @MooN did and that was enough for them.

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

I expect they did a bit of trail braking and binned it like @MooN did and that was enough for them.

They need more input from the Buckster, I could make them into a trail braking king.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Ask Bruce to have a closer look at it for you he lives near there :classic_laugh:

What do you say Bruce?

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

The wife always says that nothing has ever got close to the comfort she had on the R1150GS.

As for riding with a pillion, I think they are also quite suited from a rider's perspective with how they deal with the extra weight.

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

As for riding with a pillion, I think they are also quite suited from a rider's perspective with how they deal with the extra weight.

Had a few fat girls on the back have you?

12 hours ago, Six30 said:

its done 4000 miles .

s-l1600.jpg

yep they advertise bikes on fleabay

16 minutes ago, Six30 said:

back on to weights @XTreme off the top of your head what do you reckon this ways , no google cheating ...

1290 KTM Superduke GT...

image.png.fb4500d46ef8db21d4af66727af476d2.png

KTM's are usually pretty light.....I'd say about 210kg?

But that's a road bike.....17" front wheel.

38 minutes ago, XTreme said:

KTM's are usually pretty light.....I'd say about 210kg?

But that's a road bike.....17" front wheel.

Good guess , or you fooking cheated, 209kg , surprised me thought would be heavier ....1300 lump in it .

Just now, Six30 said:

Good guess , or you fooking cheated, 209kg , surprised me thought would be heavier ....1300 lump in it .

No.....it was a guess! In fact I thought it may be even lighter.

Are you thinking of something like that?

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

No.....it was a guess! In fact I thought it may be even lighter.

Are you thinking of something like that?

do like a ktm :classic_biggrin: just browsing as they say

• Like 1