Summer Coming Up!

XTreme

The way things have been over the last 15 months I'd grab every opportunity to travel while you can!

Cos who knows when they're going to put the kybosh on everything again?

So are you planning to go anywhere this year.....be it a holiday, or away on the bike?

• Like 3

I have four trips scheduled so far this summer - all about one week in duration.

Although travel was never shut down here in the USA, things are back to 100% open without restrictions on seating capacity in restaurants, etc. in my area. No masks mandates, either.

Right now is a good time to ride.

Now if only fuel prices would come back down....

• Like 3

I won't be going anywhere that's for sure!

And even if I could, the next few months will basically consist of running for cover from the heat!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, XTreme said:

The way things have been over the last 15 months I'd grab every opportunity to travel while you can!

Cos who knows when they're going to put the kybosh on everything again?

So are you planning to go anywhere this year.....be it a holiday, or away on the bike?

Already been.👍

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Earache said:

I have four trips scheduled so far this summer - all about one week in duration.

Although travel was never shut down here in the USA, things are back to 100% open without restrictions on seating capacity in restaurants, etc. in my area. No masks mandates, either.

Right now is a good time to ride.

Now if only fuel prices would come back down....

who remembers 50p a gallon  ?

24 minutes ago, skyrider said:

who remembers 50p a gallon  ?

Earliest thing i can remember with fuel is trying to put a £1 worth of fuel in a 5L can and spilling it over the floor because it wouldn't fit lol

5 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Earliest thing i can remember with fuel is trying to put a £1 worth of fuel in a 5L can and spilling it over the floor because it wouldn't fit lol

you wouldnt do that now 

I'm trying to get in as much riding as I can at the moment.  On 22nd July I'll be going in for the 11th operation on my leg, after that it'll be approx 6 months before I can wear my prosthetic and ride again. 

It's certainly not the idea time to have it done (I would have preferred October) but if I delay it any longer I may lose my slot and there is a huge backlog for surgery because of covid 😔

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I'm trying to get in as much riding as I can at the moment.  On 22nd July I'll be going in for the 11th operation on my leg, after that it'll be approx 6 months before I can wear my prosthetic and ride again. 

It's certainly not the idea time to have it done (I would have preferred October) but if I delay it any longer I may lose my slot and there is a huge backlog for surgery because of covid 😔

Getting your stump shaved?

1 minute ago, Buckster said:

Getting your stump shaved?

Nah, neuromas this time . Dude reckons he can fuse them togther and fool  the pain signals to the brain.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Nah, neuromas this time . Dude reckons he can fuse them togther and fool  the pain signals to the brain.

that's good

8 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Hope he can, you must be so looking forward to not having pain on a lost limb!

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Hope he can, you must be so looking forward to not having pain on a lost limb!

Well he certainly sold his theory to me Pedro, he's the first consultant I've met in 20 years who seems to understand 'phantom limb pain'

I just hope he can walk the walk as it were.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Well he certainly sold his theory to me Pedro, he's the first consultant I've met in 20 years who seems to understand 'phantom limb pain'

You'll still be able to get about on crutches though Bob?

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

You mean limp the limp?

14 hours ago, XTreme said:

They only let you out once a year then?

Poor old pensioner can’t afford more than once.🤣