The Ladies at The Ring!

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

The problem occurs for me when you get to the edge you are chasing and want more. I always want more and am prepared to cut it as fine as fine can be when it comes to getting that thrill. Tbh I used to be a complete twat for it and nowadays with all the  cameras I would have lost my licence and know I’m lucky to be alive. 

Then I had kids and didn’t want to put them at risk so switched to and automatic car. It’s was hideous, I felt an enormous pain having an OAPs car and no longer enjoying driving but everyone was safe so it was wise. I have no desire to reopen that Pandora’s box and sadly a manual vehicle on a track would do just that. 

try a BMW with a ZF8 gear box, you will love automatic!! 

5 minutes ago, Pedro said:

A difficult track is exactly what one needs to calm down on the road. That kind of emotion gives you nothing if you want to go fast, there will be a hundred people driving faster than you with less "need for speed" and bring you down a notch. 

I appreciate what your saying but I don’t think you have the addiction Im talking about, I think we are talking about different things. You’re probably a good driver because you have control and your end goal is the speed itself rather than the thrill of being so close to edge. 

To go back to the original analogy an alcoholic can’t have one drink. I don’t have driving emotions that need to be spent. I have behaviours that should be avoided. What other people do is of no consequence to me (unless they’re in my way) so there are no notches available to come down. 

The easiest way to describe it is if you drive at the upper limits of your ability you will allow let’s say a 10% margin for error. I would take my margin of error down to the tiniest percentage just for the thrill. It’s irrelevant who’s fastest or how quickly I went round a track because what thrills me is that risk of removing the margin of error. Which is inherently stupid.

20 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I appreciate what your saying but I don’t think you have the addiction Im talking about, I think we are talking about different things. You’re probably a good driver because you have control and your end goal is the speed itself rather than the thrill of being so close to edge. 

To go back to the original analogy an alcoholic can’t have one drink. I don’t have driving emotions that need to be spent. I have behaviours that should be avoided. What other people do is of no consequence to me (unless they’re in my way) so there are no notches available to come down. 

The easiest way to describe it is if you drive at the upper limits of your ability you will allow let’s say a 10% margin for error. I would take my margin of error down to the tiniest percentage just for the thrill. It’s irrelevant who’s fastest or how quickly I went round a track because what thrills me is that risk of removing the margin of error. Which is inherently stupid.

I am sure you are a real Evel Knievel of the modern world when you start your engine, I'll be sure to warn everyone in the Eifel to be aware that you are coming. They'll all try and make way.

34 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I am sure you are a real Evel Knievel of the modern world when you start your engine, I'll be sure to warn everyone in the Eifel to be aware that you are coming. They'll all try and make way.

More the stupid risks without the results. 

I hope your not mistakenly thinking that I think I’m good. I dont. I have the propensity to be stupid in certain conditions.

2 hours ago, Sofia said:

ok, I grew up in the army,

I grew up in the US air force, guess who i am in the pic!

f962a5da3a9e22382edc9450f6ca6c95.jpeg.a11e9bc6b162c92ceec8bb5170d70ee3.jpeg

A Dutch magazine did a story on us in 1960....made it to china by the time i was ten.

Started my way back....

?

• Like 3

Whats the difference between splitting up with your Fiancee and getting rid of your Piles.....

when you get rid of your Piles you get your RING back

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Whats the difference between splitting up with your Fiancee and getting rid of your Piles.....

when you get rid of your Piles you get your RING back

On the bright side both are PIA's. :classic_unsure:

Going back to condition of roads, when me and Mandi came back through Germany we thought the roads were excellent. Till we entered Belgium. Much worse than what we had here, we had so slow down in places to avoid the holes.
I gather it's much better there now. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Anyone got any pics of aforementioned ring?

Bruce has an intimate knowledge of the ring.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Buckster said:

The bird.

Kinda on topic, i wear my cats old collar with a bell as a bracelet, just to warn all the pretty Birds im close....lol

1 hour ago, Tym said:

Kinda on topic, i wear my cats old collar with a bell as a bracelet, just to warn all the pretty Birds im close....lol

Forget bracelets, you should be in a fucking straight jacket!