The Ladies at The Ring!

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

I really dislike german motorways, french and some portuguese ones are way better, but they do charge tolls, and quite a lot.

Damn this, now I started thinking about it and will look up some videos of the Nordschleife after dinner. This is not cool, it’s a slippery slope! Cocaine is a cheaper habit!

So just when you had told everyone how much it sucks and we should only go if and but and this and that....

....you are now thinking about it..... ?  

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

24.5bhp would be a pretty fast way to piss everyone else off I reckon ?

The Himalayan would be painful riding around the ring, oh sure it can do it.

Maybe on Scooter day with breaks for tea, then it would be lovely..... ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, XTreme said:

Corbin seat might help? :classic_cool:

Has nothing to do with the seat, they are rather comfy.... 

It would be more like driving a tractor around the ring, actually I have seen tractors that could kick the Himalayan's butt......?

2 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Has nothing to do with the seat, they are rather comfy.... 

It would be more like driving a tractor around the ring, actually I have seen tractors that could kick the Himalayan's butt......?

Lol me too ?

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

If its bumpier than where I live I’ll eat my hat ? 

They are not bumpy. Unless you are driving a sports car with really hard suspension. 

French motorways are good, but limit 130 and extremely expensive.  The service stations are very, very nice, that's true. 

@Pedro hasn't had the pleasure of experiencing the quality on UK patched up tarmac! You will not need to eat your hat!! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sofia said:

They are not bumpy. Unless you are driving a sports car with really hard suspension. 

French motorways are good, but limit 130 and extremely expensive.  The service stations are very, very nice, that's true. 

@Pedro hasn't had the pleasure of experiencing the quality on UK patched up tarmac! You will not need to eat your hat!! 

Portugal frequently tops the best biking roads lists so it’s gonna be downhill from there ?

But for me the only way is up. There’s a song in there somewhere ?

11 hours ago, XTreme said:

Moved into a new thread so the ladies can talk about The Ring! 

its not meant just for ladies, I am not anti men in anyway, I quite like them actually!  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Portugal frequently tops the best biking roads lists so it’s gonna be downhill from there ?

But for me the only way is up. There’s a song in there somewhere ?

portugal has terrible roads and good roads. Unfortunately I live in a terrible roads part... Pedro has a lot of good roads around him and he enjoys them.

But its all relative. If you have a ADV type of bike Portugal is amazing, if you have a sportier ride, then choose well where you go.

Oh, lets be careful and stick to talking about the Ring, otherwise we will be moved to a new thread "portugal roads"!! Hey-ho, makes the forum busier!! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

So just when you had told everyone how much it sucks and we should only go if and but and this and that....

....you are now thinking about it..... ?  

Thats how he rolls!! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Oh, lets be careful and stick to talking about the Ring, otherwise we will be moved to a new thread "portugal roads"!! Hey-ho, makes the forum busier!! 

Exactly Sofia!

My cunning plan is to have all you ladies all over the forum......and keep the imbeciles well hidden until people have actually joined!

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

The Himalayan would be painful riding around the ring, oh sure it can do it.

Maybe on Scooter day with breaks for tea, then it would be lovely..... ?

there is room for the Hymalayan at the ring, dont worry about that. But the NineT is the best option. Anything is good! Just do it

• Like 1

One of my laps, on a weekend with traffic following my mate Uwe on his 318is, my car also a 318 with 140hp, his slightly more horsepower but mine heavier, better suspension and a passenger.  My brother filming with his hand held phone, quality camera work :classic_laugh:

Get's busier from 5:30 on:

One of my favourite clips, this nice man driving a 200hp Clio RS on a nice clear lap, I pass him at around the 1:00 at the Hatzenbach, love to see my car from the outside:

Or, a short clip in the wet:

Nor do I plan to!

They ARE bumpy, there's a reason German cars are always so stable at high speed, Germany's concrete slabs with cuts between them do not make for a nice motorway surface. If you plan on going for a proper top speed run just keep your eyes open an go for it, an autobahn just because of the name is nonsense, man up and face the fine, or run.... Give me the Portuguese A2 or any of the big French motorways and you can properly stretch the legs of anything on them. Bugatti's Andy Wallace drove on the Portuguese A13 on my suggestion, and they weren't displeased, they wouldn't have managed the same result anywhere on a public road in Germany!

There is no words that describe what that place is to me on this thread, I can close my eyes and see every corner like it's a high deff slide show, do a whole lap in my mind and remembering the bumps that have since then been fixed, the smell of the end of the last lap of the day cooling off with the windows open. The intensity of a mid afternoon fast lap, or drifting on a cold october morning. If I am at the Nurburgring on my car, I never want to leave. If I talk to the "wrong" friend there I come back home intent on buying a leather suit and an 600cc sports bike, I might take the GS there and see what it's like on a big fat traillie, eventually...

Just now, Sofia said:

there is room for the Hymalayan at the ring

Unless it's a very slow day, no there is not.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Exactly Sofia!

My cunning plan is to have all you ladies all over the forum......and keep the imbeciles well hidden until people have actually joined!

what i have noticed  is that we started talking and none of the regulars says anything... not sure your plan is working! 

• Haha 1

what i have noticed  is that we started talking and none of the regulars says anything... not sure your plan is working! 

They're fazed by strong willed and assertive women Sofia.

Keep going and put them in their place......bunch of casuals! :classic_laugh:

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

One of my laps, on a weekend with traffic following my mate Uwe on his 318is, my car also a 318 with 140hp, his slightly more horsepower but mine heavier, better suspension and a passenger.  My brother filming with his hand held phone, quality camera work :classic_laugh:

Get's busier from 5:30 on:

One of my favourite clips, this nice man driving a 200hp Clio RS on a nice clear lap, I pass him at around the 1:00 at the Hatzenbach, love to see my car from the outside:

Or, a short clip in the wet:

Nor do I plan to!

They ARE bumpy, there's a reason German cars are always so stable at high speed, Germany's concrete slabs with cuts between them do not make for a nice motorway surface. If you plan on going for a proper top speed run just keep your eyes open an go for it, an autobahn just because of the name is nonsense, man up and face the fine, or run.... Give me the Portuguese A2 or any of the big French motorways and you can properly stretch the legs of anything on them. Bugatti's Andy Wallace drove on the Portuguese A13 on my suggestion, and they weren't displeased, they wouldn't have managed the same result anywhere on a public road in Germany!

There is no words that describe what that place is to me on this thread, I can close my eyes and see every corner like it's a high deff slide show, do a whole lap in my mind and remembering the bumps that have since then been fixed, the smell of the end of the last lap of the day cooling off with the windows open. The intensity of a mid afternoon fast lap, or drifting on a cold october morning. If I am at the Nurburgring on my car, I never want to leave. If I talk to the "wrong" friend there I come back home intent on buying a leather suit and an 600cc sports bike, I might take the GS there and see what it's like on a big fat traillie, eventually...

Unless it's a very slow day, no there is not.

Love those videos! Miss it very much too...

Riding  pillion on a GS with a fast rider was a  mega experience

And we will agree to disagree! ??❤️

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

They're fazed by strong willed and assertive women Sofia.

Keep going and put them in their place......bunch of casuals! :classic_laugh:

story of my life.... its so annoying scaring guys out!! I am like a lion watching all the gazelles jumping away from the water hole as soon as they sense my presence....

• Like 1