Carb advice 101 type chit!

Tym

Who said i dont have a 150 million psi comp. from my dads old doctors office that needed big psi to drill holes in teeth? Hold my beer!

This will seem condescending, but it's not supposed to be. Do you know how to tune a carb? Might be useful to look at a simple step by step guide and start from zero.

No i dont Pedro, ive never taken a carb apart to be honest, im just glad its not a piston versus valve battle that no one wins...lol

Like I said Tym, find someone with an ultrasonic cleaner.  If you had shit in the main jet it's likely to be in other places that you can't see, it's the only way to clean a carb properly ?

• Like 1

On 23/04/2020 at 14:00, Pedro said:

Well, the obvious advantage for some vehicles, is that an airbox increases you fording ability, some KLRs probably put that to use.

However, I think the clearest advantage of an airbox is that it makes it easier to have a better throttle response on lower rpms.

Plus those CV carbs work better with the air box installed

• Thanks 1

Have no fear the Kawaski dealer is near...lol Made an appointment to trailer the bitch in, this is officially over my pay grade...

17 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Plus those CV carbs work better with the air box installed

Id get a new carb butt the prices are insane! Going to take the carb out one more time, im actually getting good  at that part....lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tym said:

Id get a new carb butt the prices are insane! Going to take the carb out one more time, im actually getting good  at that part....lol

Stupid question but does the fuel shut off cock have a filter in it? I’m sure you’ll have checked it. 

• Like 2

On 25/04/2020 at 12:00, Tym said:

Who said i dont have a 150 million psi comp. from my dads old doctors office that needed big psi to drill holes in teeth? Hold my beer!

Dad had an Ultrasonic cleaner to?

19 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Dad had an Ultrasonic cleaner to?

Sure did, stop vibrating at the end of his practice, never got another one....

32 minutes ago, Specs said:

Stupid question but does the fuel shut off cock have a filter in it? I’m sure you’ll have checked it. 

No question to me can be to stupid! Yup, just a metalic screen, almost new, i replaced it a couple years ago with one that wasnt vacuum operated. The inside of my tank looks brand new, not a spc of rust. I emptied it and gave it a good look.

46 minutes ago, Tym said:

No question to me can be to stupid! Yup, just a metalic screen, almost new, i replaced it a couple years ago with one that wasnt vacuum operated. The inside of my tank looks brand new, not a spc of rust. I emptied it and gave it a good look.

Thought that you must have. That’s eliminated then. ?

Problem is this is a 6 gallon tank, for the last year or so me mum was sick and its been a full time gig taking care of her. She's only 88 and claims thats not old ffs...61 feels freaking old butt, man years are 3.7 women years...imho.

So to keep the tank from rusting i keep it full...i rode 28 miles last summer....i need a plastic gas tank so i dont a freaking crap about rust.

You;re Eka! My KLR needs this!!!!! Cool!

https://procycle.us/product/841-gas-tank-ims-66-gallon

I want the clear one!!!!

I love buying farcles!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

I have the clear one on my Donkey (DR650), it's ace.  When we were riding in Spain I came out of paying for fuel and my tank had gone blue !!

Who knew that Repsol colour their petrol blue ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3