Carb advice 101 type chit!

Tym

Well, its freaking clean everywhere, except something still isnt right, i can get her started, on the enricher, as i take her off that it goes downhill fast...the motor sounds ok, no knocking sounds...i cleaned it up now the weather friday morning looks like a freaking downpour right when i trailer her in to the shop, fuckmine. My bikes arnt supposed to get wet!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Tym said:

Towed the girl in this morning, butt, i pulled a Buck, i forgot my camera, so this never happened. ?

@Buckster has a camera now......allegedly. Haven't seen any pics of it though.....so maybe that never happened!

Ya costly, butt, at least i tried first, or three times, i got really good at removing my carb! The issue is crap in my fuel...

26 minutes ago, Tym said:

Ya costly, butt, at least i tried first, or three times, i got really good at removing my carb! The issue is crap in my fuel...

No!!!

No, the appointment is for Friday, i took it in early because its rainning like a fire hose today and friday morning, ugh....

sheeeeit, guess I missed this one and now it;s all over but the pain...

but vacuum leaks cause that sort of horrible operation also. and of course modem carbs tuned for emissions run lean to start with. That Honda CM400 ran like crap most of the time, the slides had a chamber instead of a diaphragm, no parts or jets available, I had to field engineer a solution that was a shim under the Needle to richen up the midrange. 

I hope so, when they let me know i;ll learn something...just nervous its more serious and i just dont know it yet....

7 hours ago, Gnomad said:

sheeeeit, guess I missed this one and now it;s all over but the pain...

but vacuum leaks cause that sort of horrible operation also. and of course modem carbs tuned for emissions run lean to start with. That Honda CM400 ran like crap most of the time, the slides had a chamber instead of a diaphragm, no parts or jets available, I had to field engineer a solution that was a shim under the Needle to richen up the midrange. 

No, i have blocked off the vacuum line to the petcock because i changed to a non vaccum petcok, seemed fine. No other obvious faults so....

16 minutes ago, Tym said:

I hope so, when they let me know i;ll learn something...just nervous its more serious and i just dont know it yet....

Don’t worry Tym, they will charge you enough so you can pretend it was a real problem.

• Haha 1

Good for them, considering the destruction of small business occuring world wide with little care from public service worker types who amazingly still are getting paid for some reason. Im happy to spread some dosh around, its how economies keep working.

4 hours ago, Tym said:

No, i have blocked off the vacuum line to the petcock because i changed to a non vaccum petcok, seemed fine. No other obvious faults so....

sometimes it's the rubber boot that holds the carb getting cracked. Or sometimes just goes crumbly like the poor old Honda. 

• Thanks 1