Carb advice 101 type chit!

Tym

14 hours ago, Gnomad said:

sheeeeit, guess I missed this one and now it;s all over but the pain...

but vacuum leaks cause that sort of horrible operation also. and of course modem carbs tuned for emissions run lean to start with. That Honda CM400 ran like crap most of the time, the slides had a chamber instead of a diaphragm, no parts or jets available, I had to field engineer a solution that was a shim under the Needle to richen up the midrange. 

Common mod on DR650's with the o/e carb, shim it with a small washer , runs much better.  I've replaced the BST with a TM40 on mine now, runs like a peach.

• Thanks 1

Nope! I expect news sometime today, the shop was busy, spring is a crazy place at a new england bike shop.

10 minutes ago, Tym said:

Update, its still in the queue for diagnoses, why i can spell "queue" is way beyond me!

Bound to be a long queue if they deal with Kawasakis Tym! :classic_laugh:

Word! On the bright side i fixed my GTR's heat troller that powers my e-vest, just in time for summer! Thud!

• Like 1

Nice think with carburated thumpers or twins is that when they are set up and valves put to spec and carbs synchronized you can really tell the difference and it seems everything in the world is right!

That's how it felt in my Hondas and BMWs, don't know about KLRs ?

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Nice think with carburated thumpers or twins is that when they are set up and valves put to spec and carbs synchronized you can really tell the difference and it seems everything in the world is right!

If you've got a KLR I can't imagine any scenario whereby everything in the world is right Pedro! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Pedro said:

Well, i can honestly say its one of the best bikes in the world if you dont like going over 45mph....and if you want to ride off-road get 3 of these first.?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tym said:

Well, i can honestly say its one of the best bikes in the world if you dont like going over 45mph....and if you want to ride off-road get 3 of these first.?

gogiphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Didn’t it inspire that TV show? The long crawl back?

No, it was called "The Wrong way Around"...never got a sponser after ADVrider banned me....:wave: