An adventure

busabeast

Dell! 

Top tip to brits with a british taste for food: if you are just lost and stumbling into a cafe or bodega somewhere in Spain and would just like a warm meat sandwich, just show this to the waiter or person behind the counter:

"Bocadillo de ternera o bocadillo de cerdo, caliente y tostadito, por favor."

Delete the "caliente y tostadito" if you're not looking for a warm sandwich.

Just show them the words and pretend you are daft, which isn't really ... never mind

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dell said:

However,...id ride down personally

Their bikes are not ideal for long distances (ZX6 and GSX1000)......and even less ideal for this area Dell.

Remember that road to Santiago? That was hard going on a big Adv Bike......on a sports bike it would be very difficult.

I've told them, a mid size adventure bike is what they want on these roads.

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Their bikes are not ideal for long distances (ZX6 and GSX1000)......and even less ideal for this area Dell.

Remember that road to Santiago? That was hard going on a big Adv Bike......on a sports bike it would be very difficult.

yeah true,..good advice,..tempted to come down myself

56 minutes ago, XTreme said:

i would do it on my bike , not one for endless hours of riding non stop i'd want to do it over a few days , couple of over night stops , but like you say not ideal bike for your sort of roads... flying and hiring sounds better

• Like 1

Just now, Six30 said:

i would do it on my bike , not one for endless hours of riding non stop i'd want to do it over a few days , couple of over night stops , but like you say not ideal bike for your sort of roads... flying and hiring sounds better

It's not too bad for you with your location....you're not far away from Ferries.

But for Rich having to ride down from Sunderland......what a nightmare.

And the roads are very different here to the UK.....lot less traffic, but narrower and with continually changing surfaces. 

Plus you do come across unusual obstacles in your path sometimes.

de2.jpg.f5eafae57db60350fee8786cdd553b06.jpg

xtsh.jpg.a842cdf2b953b3863ee4f5ebef50efef.jpg

• Like 1

Tbh I would be riding south to my parents who live by stansted airport i could fairly easily ride down to Southampton to get the ferry to Santander within 5 or 6 hours, and I agree with six I wouldn't particularly want to be slogging for hours on end although I get that is all part of the adventure but I would much prefer to fly over and pick up a bike from the airport that would be easier to ride on some of the more challenging roads if we choose to do some dark motorcycling

• Like 1

It looks like there could be a plan taking shape here.

@Richzx6r, @Six30......and now @Dell seems up for it.

And when Dell comes to Spain you just know something's going to happen. :littleguy:

Broken bones, smashed bikes, exploding cars, ferries running aground, and planes not flying are just par for the course when Dell is involved.

So who else has got the cojones for this carnage?

@Sir Fallsalot..... @boboneleg........you guys like to walk on the wild side, and there's nothing going to be wilder than this shit!

• Like 3

I have about five plans for this years trip already floating around in my head , personally I don't think I'll be going anywhere in Europe this year.  It'll be a no go due to Covid rules (isolating) or we'll be priced out of any travel .

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I have about five plans for this years trip already floating around in my head , personally I don't think I'll be going anywhere in Europe this year.  It'll be a no go due to Covid rules (isolating) or we'll be priced out of any travel .

Well if you have to choose one......this is it Bob. Anything could happen if @Dell is here......and it usually does! 

You think about it......nobody's ever forgotten his previous visit in 2007 when he was clinically diagnosed as a Negro! :classic_laugh:

And the image of him with his pants round his ankles getting an injection in his ass while going into an instant bath of perspiration is something you never forget.

Sweating Heat Wave GIF

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Anything planed for summer in mountains and dirtroads that a GS could get up to as well?

Just asking...

I have two plans, Morocco for September/October and a bigger secret one for earlier, both depending of covid allowing me to go. Both involve exiting Europe so I might be hoping for more than possible. I am quite worried this whole pandemic is a cabal conjuring to mess up my travel plans 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

It looks like there could be a plan taking shape here.

@Richzx6r, @Six30......and now @Dell seems up for it.

And when Dell comes to Spain you just know something's going to happen. :littleguy:

Broken bones, smashed bikes, exploding cars, ferries running aground, and planes not flying are just par for the course when Dell is involved.

So who else has got the cojones for this carnage?

@Sir Fallsalot..... @boboneleg........you guys like to walk on the wild side, and there's nothing going to be wilder than this shit!

It seems like it eh, I have checked out a few places online to stay and they range from £39-59 a night which is reasonable so all we now need is for covid to do one so we can start putting this jolly in motion.

I shall make a group pm with all those involved so we can collectively organise everything and all know what is going on

16 minutes ago, Bruce said:

You've really talked yourself into this misadventure now. I tried to warn you but your youthful obstinance got in the way. Life is a lesson I suppose. Take out handfuls of medical and unemployment insurance are my final words for even if you make it back uninjured the mental scarring will put you in a ward next to Swagman and matrons dont come cheap

There not moving into my ward they can do one.?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Richzx6r said:

It seems like it eh, I have checked out a few places online to stay and they range from £39-59 a night

I have a lot of contacts (Biker B&B's) spread out across Southern Spain......for example it's €20 a night here. Or it was last year!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bruce said:

Just look at poor old Pedro. He's visited more than anyone else and went in "mature for his age". The man now is an emotional wreck and still cant escape the clutches of that ginger siren

Me setting the Rottweilers on him and then burying him below the ground overnight made him the man he is today.

• Haha 1