Show us your tool :littleguy:

boboneleg

1 hour ago, Tym said:

You neat freaks are disturbing types im red flagging the lot of you. :littleguy: 

_DSC0713.thumb.JPG.6c7d03fdb5c20a966e40be00d91199d2.JPG

Fuckmine, not a single gun in those drawers , what's going on ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tym said:

You neat freaks are disturbing types im red flagging the lot of you. :littleguy: 

I'm with you @Tym :classic_laugh:

This tool chest i acquired when the Linde forklift factory closed. The boys that worked there were selling them off after they finished. they were full of tools as well but i have no use for a 1" drive socket set so just had the chest and a large steel cabinet

IMG_0662.thumb.JPG.c2a1252de39b63ffb287fc3de58bf2ef.JPG

IMG_0661.thumb.JPG.091fdcda3b8b62c1f0811c9d72cde5fa.JPG

This tool bench was also something i sort of picked up. It was on a site i was working on and i had spotted it outside while they renovated their workshop and it was still there when i turned up to do a job two years later. I just happened to be in a van large enough to fit it in that week and after asking the engineer we were working for if i could have it he said get it in the van quick when nobody is about, so it came home. When we turned up on site the next day some twat had been in in the night and stole the cable we had pulled in the day before. When the police were there the engineer only went and told the police that the workbench had been stolen as well FFS :classic_laugh:

998905065_IMG_0663(1).thumb.JPG.fff94782929c7fd3944cd6779f1dcc9e.JPG

As for organised i made this to tidy up all the 3/8 drive stuff i have acquired over the years as i only seem to use the 1/4" or 3/8" socket sets on the bikes i needed it where i could find it

IMG_0664.thumb.JPG.dc1f4709b47096a7dc0070adf4851c1b.JPG

• Like 4

When I first had a garage I had all my most used sockets on a plastic wall board, really easy to get at and also to see if anything was missing. Think I bought them from Halfords in the mid 90s, they stopped doing them a little while after. I still have one with a few sockets on, then I started moving stuff about to get my ramp in and switched to more stuff in my tool boxes and decided to have a crack at the foam when lockdown started. It's easy to do, just cut round the tools and peel out how many layers you need for the right depth.

My spanners were on cup hooks screwed into a long piece of random wood, with say two 8mms on the first hook, a couple of 10mms on the second hook etc up to 27mm. You occasionally need two spanners the same size up to about 17mm I have found. The piece of wood is still on the wall only now it has a few T bars hanging on it and a couple of IKEA LED anglepoise desk lamps, plugged in, which I can slot into the bike ramp on either side if I need extra light on the subject. I do have some of those hanging cabled or battery lights but they always seem to twist and shine the wrong way at a critical moment, usually right into my eyes.

My work bench (which is mostly covered in crap) and half the cost of my compressor was bought with my 25 years long service money I got in 2011. If I had it as cash in my wages it was taxed at full rate, if I bought something and showed them the bill I didn't pay any tax and they transferred it into my bank account. Apparently you used to get a clock in the 50s but they changed it to cash later on. My long service certificate arrived unwrapped in a box with 4 others and it had been thrown about so was scratched to buggery, it has pride of place in my toilet!!! It is however signed by our first ever directly elected Mayor who later went on to get himself chucked out of office for electoral fraud. He's standing again this year, his ban is up. The 4 people who took him to court and won have never received any costs from him to this day, some may have lost their homes over a case that the government should have funded by rights.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Cup hocks, you were lucky, we used nails which had prob been used before.

Couple of nails were for holding my torque wrenches between. They're still on the same bit of wood.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

New tool box arrived today it's a bit bigger than i thought it was going to be took two of us to lift it when empty, filled it with shitty old tools think i might do some shopping ?

!cid_9E396068-D624-4B0C-B886-939AB7F186F2.thumb.jpg.ef58fa48b7f1e38224e2b274443106f9.jpg

alan partridge GIF

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

New tool box arrived today it's a bit bigger than i thought it was going to be took two of us to lift it when empty, filled it with shitty old tools think i might do some shopping ?

!cid_9E396068-D624-4B0C-B886-939AB7F186F2.thumb.jpg.ef58fa48b7f1e38224e2b274443106f9.jpg

Looks sweet!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, XTreme said:

Fred with polishing cloths?

season 2 lol GIF

Ahh but I've got you there because i do have polishing cloths so there

!cid_EA952249-B6A1-4539-B136-B3BE9574DADD.thumb.jpg.8814d0594728ee46875d1d42e94ee3e9.jpg

And they've been kept safe in this cupboard since i bought them 2 years ago don't want to risk getting them dirty do i

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Ahh but I've got you there because i do have polishing cloths so there

!cid_EA952249-B6A1-4539-B136-B3BE9574DADD.thumb.jpg.8814d0594728ee46875d1d42e94ee3e9.jpg

And they've been kept safe in this cupboard since i bought them 2 years ago don't want to risk getting them dirty do i

Are those @yen_powell's underpants underneath?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Bruce said:

Oooohhh crow foot flats. I've wanted to try those as my dexterity fades. Any good?

I've only ever used them in work @Bruce for torqueing busbar bolts as the gap between them can be a bit tight for sockets like this on a generator i connected last month. Ignore the piece of wood that was holding everything in place while i connected it

!cid_BDB79C99-2711-4B5C-9AB3-24C065217C38.thumb.jpg.9b0da9a0a4f358c73dadab1a027f35fc.jpg

2 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

That ford is a crystal clear Wiltshire chalk river, or it was until he got there.

Killed off all the fish for hundreds of miles I heard!

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Was the water clean before he rode through

Those boots are wedged under the workbench in the garage. My neighbour gave them to me out of the blue one day, along with a pair of trousers, gloves, knee and elbow pads and a few other bits because his back was shot and he had no plans to ride a motocross bike again like he used to. He just rode his Suzuki V- twin rorty road bike to get his 2 wheel fix he said.

• Like 3