Himalayan

Skippy

1 minute ago, Skippy said:

No mate, that CRF belongs to another fella down here.

When we're released we'll have to meet up somewhere Ray!

Some Abandoned Village would be a great place! :classic_laugh:

1 minute ago, Skippy said:

Good idea mate, can't wait to get out and about again. I'm going stir crazy! ????

Same here Ray!

And now the weather seems to be brightening up it makes it worse.

Knowing our luck they won't let us out till the Wall of Heat goes up!

13 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Same here Ray!

And now the weather seems to be brightening up it makes it worse.

Knowing our luck they won't let us out till the Wall of Heat goes up!

????

7 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I've seen a couple of those around here, are they ok in wide open roads as well?

To be honest they are a bit limited in my view. Don't get me wrong, it will sit at 65mph okay but if you want to crack on at 70+ then it gets a bit tiring and defeats the purpose of the bike. It's comfortable though and 60-65mph is it's ideal travelling speed.

• Like 1

I don't know why, Tim, but KLRs never really had a following in Europe, Yamaha's XT quite the opposite. 

I do like the idea of the Himalayan, and it is an Indian bike, I bet it makes a whole lot more sense there than in the states.

5 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I don't know why, Tim, but KLRs never really had a following in Europe, Yamaha's XT quite the opposite. 

I do like the idea of the Himalayan, and it is an Indian bike, I bet it makes a whole lot more sense there than in the states.

I think they were only imported for a couple of years Pedro.......I can't ever remember seeing one in Britain or here.

I have seen a few near Lisbon where I go on my short weekend coffee rides, there's a dealer somewhere there and in Porto as well. However, I can't imagine that it's a bike very suited to the fast traffic of a big city like Lisbon during the week.

My KLr lost a cam chain at 35k, its not special.id rather have a yamaha, they just never imported something i could pay for, they were always a few grand over what i had. But, that  thing up there? Ugh, id rather pedal...lol

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I have seen a few near Lisbon where I go on my short weekend coffee rides, there's a dealer somewhere there and in Porto as well. However, I can't imagine that it's a bike very suited to the fast traffic of a big city like Lisbon during the week.

You're right Pedro! In a place like that you need a bike that isn't going to explode every 200 miles with a fucked doohickey! :classic_laugh:

2 minutes ago, Tym said:

My KLr lost a cam chain at 35k, its not special.id rather have a yamaha, they just never imported something i could pay for, they were always a few grand over what i had. But, that  thing up there? Ugh, id rather pedal...lol

So I’m guessing by your negative comments that you’ve at least ridden a Himalayan? What was it that you specifically didn’t like?