Lesson Time.

Saul

Got to take my Shadow out for another riding lesson this morning.   Due to a combination of her being ill, both of us working and rubbish weather we haven’t been out for a lesson for 3 weeks.   When the rain blew through today we took that opportunity to go out.  
Went to the local Market World that only opens Sat Sun and Wed so closed today with an empty car park.  
Really pleased with her progress today.  For starters she remembered everything from earlier lessons and pulled away, stopped, changed direction figure of 8’s and the like.  Brilliant and built her confidence.  So much so I got her changing gear today which was great to see.  Feels like she is making real progress.   Halfway through the lesson we stopped for a snack and talked about what happened, couple of stalls and stuff, but generally all good.  Anyway after the break got her out there again and she is using the first 3 gears now with some degree of comfort.  Doing well so brought the lesson to an end on a high.  Rode her home and got her a treat in the garage on the way.   🙂👍 Enjoyable day with my youngest.   Rubbish photos I know but concentrating on the job in hand. 

IMG_2421.thumb.jpeg.e8bab92e448ed10fb68ef7bd8c3c91d6.jpegIMG_2424.thumb.jpeg.15acd9a7271a45892c55a664372fc7bd.jpeg

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Well done Saul!

Anybody else need riding lessons here?

kramer GIF

I may have more patience with my precious daughters than pretty much anyone else on the planet.  Not sure I would make a good teacher in general.   Although I have taught several people to sing since 'I have started my singing group, but that's not hard really all about confidence and training your ear.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

You’re a good Dad @Saul 😎

Indeed, Saul! Such cool memories for the both of you. 

When I learned how to ride, my favourite exercise and something that really grows your understanding of how a motorcycle works is U turns both ways on a slope. Doing them going uphill where the bike doesn’t lean, and downhill where it leans a lot relative to the ground, really forces you to learn the difference in how a bike turns when leaned and not leaned. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Buckster said:

Have you taught her the importance of trail braking yet?

She isn’t intending on towing a trailer 🙄

• Haha 5

Took her out again today but it is pretty hard to find anywhere for her to ride.    Our normal place is open today so we were a bit limited.   
Her phone mount came today with vibration damper so had to be fitted straight away.  

IMG_2428.thumb.jpeg.f3ca25e43ef61814ad1a912ed7034767.jpegIMG_2430.thumb.jpeg.dfc52071db20edd901ac030be2c7f37a.jpeg

• Like 5

Great patience & teaching @Saul!....I'll never forget my youngest boy getting the hang of clutch use on the XR....the grin on his face said it all.

I was well chuffed when he sent me this pic of him doing a trackday on his Ninja 400 a few years back...something I always wanted to do but never quite got there...

Trackday1.jpg.fe62f937b74b2a67ea01091ad2d0127e.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, YamaHead said:

I was well chuffed when he sent me this pic of him doing a trackday on his Ninja 400 a few years back...something I always wanted to do but never quite got there...

Same as Busabeast then

• Haha 4

On 14/05/2024 at 19:47, Saul said:

I may have more patience with my precious daughters than pretty much anyone else on the planet.  Not sure I would make a good teacher in general.   Although I have taught several people to sing since 'I have started my singing group, but that's not hard really all about confidence and training your ear.  

@Clive I think he's taking the piss out of you covertly

• Haha 3

On 15/05/2024 at 01:58, Saul said:

Got to take my Shadow out for another riding lesson this morning.   Due to a combination of her being ill, both of us working and rubbish weather we haven’t been out for a lesson for 3 weeks.   When the rain blew through today we took that opportunity to go out.  
Went to the local Market World that only opens Sat Sun and Wed so closed today with an empty car park.  
Really pleased with her progress today.  For starters she remembered everything from earlier lessons and pulled away, stopped, changed direction figure of 8’s and the like.  Brilliant and built her confidence.  So much so I got her changing gear today which was great to see.  Feels like she is making real progress.   Halfway through the lesson we stopped for a snack and talked about what happened, couple of stalls and stuff, but generally all good.  Anyway after the break got her out there again and she is using the first 3 gears now with some degree of comfort.  Doing well so brought the lesson to an end on a high.  Rode her home and got her a treat in the garage on the way.   🙂👍 Enjoyable day with my youngest.   Rubbish photos I know but concentrating on the job in hand. 

IMG_2421.thumb.jpeg.e8bab92e448ed10fb68ef7bd8c3c91d6.jpegIMG_2424.thumb.jpeg.15acd9a7271a45892c55a664372fc7bd.jpeg

It sounds like your riding lesson went very well despite the long break. Progressing to working on gears is a great milestone. Your daughter seems to be building confidence on the motorcycle. Finding quality time to share experiences like this together is so valuable. Wishing you both continued safe riding and fun lessons going forward.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1