Six wants to go offroading!

Six30

3 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I've been away for three days riding glorious trails in the Peak District , camping in a lovely little campsite and drinking various beers.

Just think , I could have stayed home and looked in on all this claptrap instead ................

fat-cat-sigh.gif.e6c6bdab86a775955cb3803812b7c173.gif

wheres the trails up, there... legal to ride or just ride where you want ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

wheres the trails up, there... legal to ride or just ride where you want ?

There's no such thing as 'ride where you want'  as far as trails are concerned.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Well he could do that if he was in Spain of course!

Unfortunately the stupid Gammon put the cross in the wrong box!

But he doesn't like to talk about it these days!

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Well he could do that if he was in Spain of course!

Unfortunately the stupid Gammon put the cross in the wrong box!

But he doesn't like to talk about it these days!

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

So no one from uk can come to spain and ride a bike on some gravel

Tom Cruise What GIF

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

so where do you find em

8 hours ago, Six30 said:

So no one from uk can come to spain and ride a bike on some gravel

Tom Cruise What GIF

No......it's illegal now! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Join this group download the route and see if the TET goes near you. The TET is set up for a 650cc size bike and under but some of it can be easy on a bigger bike and some can be hard. But the best thing to do if your serious about it is ( i cant believe i'm saying this ) do what Buckster said join the TRF

https://transeurotrail.org/

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Join this group download the route and see if the TET goes near you. The TET is set up for a 650cc size bike and under but some of it can be easy on a bigger bike and some can be hard. But the best thing to do if your serious about it is ( i cant believe i'm saying this ) do what Buckster said join the TRF

https://transeurotrail.org/

Or get an up to date OS explorer map. Then you can sneak out and take your time without all the piss taking when it goes tits up, and it will.:classic_laugh:

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Six30 said:

No rush squire 

So the two main types of trail in England and Wales are shown on OS maps, that doesn't mean definitvely that they are legal but it's a good guide.  They are know as 'Byways open to all traffic ' or BOAT or simply BYWAY  and the others are ORPA's or other route with public access, these are more commonly known as UCR's (Unclassified County Roads).

Byways are shown on OS maps as a series of red crosses and ORPAs as a series of red dots, you can see some on this OS map of part of the Peaks.

Sixmap.jpg.566e068db155823c77dac00d43224fe2.jpg

But that best way to find out where you can ride as @Buckster and @Sir Fallsalot have said is to join the TRF (Trail Riders Fellowship) .  That way you will get access to the Green Road Map which will give you lots of other information .

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

But that best way to find out where you can ride as @Buckster and @Sir Fallsalot have said is to join the TRF (Trail Riders Fellowship) .  That way you will get access to the Green Road Map which will give you lots of other information .

Happy Oh Yeah GIF by Afta Hill

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Or get an up to date OS explorer map. Then you can sneak out and take your time without all the piss taking when it goes tits up, and it will.:classic_laugh:

Yeh but Busa's going to give him riding lessons! 

He'll be ready for the Dakar after that.

• Haha 8

31 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

That meme isn't half as smug as you're feeling is it.:classic_laugh:

I am the baron of this manor.

• Haha 7

This is a screen shot from the TRF's GRM (green road map) the green lines are unpaved roads that have been checked with the local authorities to see if they are legal to ride but they do say to check yourself because it might have been ok the time it was looked into but not now , just some arse covering words i think.  If you click on one of the green lines sometimes it will give you more info on the lane and some photos but i've not seen the information anywhere else as good as the south wales area for info on the map. @XTreme I was thinking could you or one of your drones move six's post to its own thread its cluttering up Professor Wankstain's science thread

image.png.4d002b70e369a2272d32e9fa6d663994.png

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

This is a screen shot from the TRF's GRM (green road map) the green lines are unpaved roads that have been checked with the local authorities to see if they are legal to ride but they do say to check yourself because it might have been ok the time it was looked into but not now , just some arse covering words i think.  If you click on one of the green lines sometimes it will give you more info on the lane and some photos but i've not seen the information anywhere else as good as the south wales area for info on the map. @XTreme I was thinking could you or one of your drones move six's post to its own thread its cluttering up Professor Wankstain's science thread

image.png.4d002b70e369a2272d32e9fa6d663994.png

Done!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Bing maps will let you use OS maps for you to have a look at whats in your area

https://www.bing.com/maps/?cp=51.586827~-3.281902&lvl=13.3&style=s

Absolutely Fred, Bing maps are superb as an overview online.  A printed OS map will give you a wider overall view of the area but I hardly use them now when I'm actually riding.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, boboneleg said:

So the two main types of trail in England and Wales are shown on OS maps, that doesn't mean definitvely that they are legal but it's a good guide.  They are know as 'Byways open to all traffic ' or BOAT or simply BYWAY  and the others are ORPA's or other route with public access, these are more commonly known as UCR's (Unclassified County Roads).

Byways are shown on OS maps as a series of red crosses and ORPAs as a series of red dots, you can see some on this OS map of part of the Peaks.

Sixmap.jpg.566e068db155823c77dac00d43224fe2.jpg

Do you get a gold ring if you join up?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, busabeast said:

Do you get a gold ring if you join up?

You'd get a platinum ring , absolutely no doubt.

• Haha 3