New Bike.

Saul

Found the perfect bike for my youngest yesterday bought it and rode it home for her today.  It’s now locked away until she is 17, but I am gonna see if I can borrow a bike trailer so she can learn to ride it on private ground.    

IMG_1919.jpeg

IMG_1918.jpeg

IMG_1923.jpeg

IMG_1925.jpeg

• Like 8

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Nice looking 125.

She is over the moon with it as it is exactly what she wanted down to the colour.   I was really lucky to find it only 6 miles down the road.  She wanted a Red CBF125 which is what we looked at up at Damerells on Wednesday just gone.    Anyway we talked and I was going to sort a new one for her closer to her birthday.  In the mean time this 23 plate one popped up on ebay , 7 months old for £1850 as opposed to £3149 new.   It was a repo that was cat N written off for cosmetic damage at 4 months old.  It has several scuff and dings but nothing that can't be touched  up and a few bits here and there and it will look good.  In fact it's not that bad now even though every panel is marked.  But with a 17 year old owner it will get scrapes at some point.  Only covered 2100 miles.   I am going to contact Damerells as it may still be under warranty but no big deal if it's not.     It rode great home even with my fat arse on it.    

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Very nice mate, hope she enjoys it and rides safe

Hopefully she will, she has road sense and has been riding horses on the road for 2 years.  I am basking in the glow of best Dad Ever! but that won't last long, I am sure I will be that grumpy twat again soon enough 🤣

• Haha 6

31 minutes ago, Saul said:

I am gonna see if I can borrow a bike trailer so she can learn to ride it on private ground.    

Is it too small for you to ride there and back with her on the back?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

Is it too small for you to ride there and back with her on the back?

I hadn't thought of that, that makes good sense.  Can't imagine it will cost me much to insure it in the interim until she is 17, which is 7 months away yet.  👍 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Nice bike Saul...17..is that the minimum age for a bike rider license.?

In the UK you can ride a 50cc at 16 and a 125cc at 17.  I didn't want her to have a 50cc as they are very slow and vulnerable on the road.  125cc at least can keep up with traffic on a and B roads.  I am hoping that this daughter will go for her full licence as she is bike mad.  When she gets her A2 she can go up to 47 bhp then onto unrestricted after that but I am not sure how that goes.  I got my full licence before those rules came in.  

21 minutes ago, Saul said:

In the UK you can ride a 50cc at 16 and a 125cc at 17.  I didn't want her to have a 50cc as they are very slow and vulnerable on the road.  125cc at least can keep up with traffic on a and B roads.  I am hoping that this daughter will go for her full licence as she is bike mad.  When she gets her A2 she can go up to 47 bhp then onto unrestricted after that but I am not sure how that goes.  I got my full licence before those rules came in.  

Back when I was 16..there wasn't any restrictions...a few brakes and stop...figure eight and between pilons...you could pass it with a 125cc and the next day you could be riding a super bike..lol...things have changed...I think now you get a beginner license after taking a maditotory course and your limited to 500cc for some time..and after the restrictions are lifted....it was a good idea..seen so many riders get into trouble fast after getting there license and going out and buy a 800lbs harley and landing in ditches...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Marcel said:

You better get yourself ready if Buckster lands in Spain this summer...there's gonna be a whole lot of stretching...lol.

The Harley Dagos will be chasing his tail for sure!

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Saul said:

Found the perfect bike for my youngest yesterday bought it and rode it home for her today.  It’s now locked away until she is 17, but I am gonna see if I can borrow a bike trailer so she can learn to ride it on private ground.    

IMG_1919.jpeg

IMG_1918.jpeg

IMG_1923.jpeg

IMG_1925.jpeg

smart looking bike, i bet she enjoys that one 

• Thanks 1

Don’t worry she will be well trained.   She is a good kid and does listen.   Quite an accomplished horsewoman already.  I am more worried about the adventures she will embark on.   She is already talking about doing a LeJog on it, guess whose sad ass will be stuck behind her at 50 mph all the way.   😳.   Not moaning really the fact she does actually want me to go on her adventures is pretty rewarding.  😎. Not daft I know my main job will be to pay.  🤣

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Saul said:

Don’t worry she will be well trained.   She is a good kid and does listen.   Quite an accomplished horsewoman already.  I am more worried about the adventures she will embark on.   She is already talking about doing a LeJog on it, guess whose sad ass will be stuck behind her at 50 mph all the way.   😳.   Not moaning really the fact she does actually want me to go on her adventures is pretty rewarding.  😎. Not daft I know my main job will be to pay.  🤣

dont worry you you will be doing 😩

• Like 2

On 23/03/2024 at 16:50, Saul said:

It's a2 for 2 years and then I believe you need to take another test to have an unrestricted license or just wait till she's 24 and go direct access that way she can ride anything she fancies 

• Like 2

Just been up to Damerells to check a few things out for the CB125.  I wanted to get the bits to service it and see if it was still under warranty and order a spare key.   They couldn't help with its history as I had to call the supplying dealer  but they did assure me that as long as it had it's first service at around 600 miles all would be good.    Also I bought the service bits at Damerells because if you service it yourself you have to prove you used genuine Honda parts.     Well the bike has a Fowlers Number plate on it so I called them.  First service done at 645 miles in October 23 so the bikes warranty is still valid until July 2025, Result.  👍 

• Like 6

You should get some advice from @Marcel about a paint job, maybe you can make it look like a KTM, afterall he made his KTM look like a Honda.

55 minutes ago, Buckster said:

You should get some advice from @Marcel about a paint job, maybe you can make it look like a KTM, afterall he made his KTM look like a Honda.

You two really are becoming an item. Motorcycle Riders First same sex couple  🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Saul said:

gay_motorcycle_riders_80a46e1f95e71bcd9b

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Saul said:

We aren't even the same species. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Buckster said:

We aren't even the same species.