Capt. Hook's new Mullet

That title oughta get Pete's attention....😅 But to his dismay, my new Mullet is NOT on top of my head.... it's actually the model name of this 2024 CyberBike eMtB I  treated myself to just before Christmas. Most Emtb's crank around 85nm of torque as a typical spec....this gem puts out 130nm of torque....it get's right with the program!

MulletR005.thumb.jpg.7096ac6a85d3105c16c46509f983204e.jpg

It comes with a 29" front wheel while the rear is a 27.5".....so, following dirtbike type geometry more & more. I had to cough up an extra $348 for an electronic LH shifter, which I should have early next week. Then I can finish off stream-lining the handlebar to make it a bit easier to operate w/ my hook.

MulletR006.thumb.jpg.90b5470850992fddab5311a35b128674.jpg

With 4-piston hydraulic calipers @ both ends....anodised hubs, 34mm fork, & a 1x10 gearset....there won't be much of anyplace this beast can't tackle.

MulletR007.thumb.jpg.287a59a65fbda603e9ea013467da939b.jpg

MulletR008.thumb.jpg.1c24f686841b7bb65ab1e21b267af9dd.jpg

Better brakes than all 25 motorcycles I've owned! Thing'll stop as well as it goes... It even came with tools to finish the assembly process. It has 5 pedal-assist levels that can also be operated with a LH thumb throttle....so I should be able to ride UP my steep driveway....sitting down on the saddle.😎🚴‍♂️

MulletR009.thumb.jpg.cb119b3a5069a9f7a836c605c81e1731.jpg

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Very impressive Scott!

How long will it run on charge for?

Seem to remember something about 30+ hrs. 

• Like 3

Just now, YamaHead said:

Seem to remember something about 30+ hrs. 

That's amazing.....I thought those things ran for a couple of hours max!

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

It really depends on what Pedal-Assist level you're on & how much throttle is used @ those levels. Top speed with pedal-assist is 28mph....which is more than Yamaha's ebikes. Yamaha has been making ebikes since '93 & I seriously looked into getting one....until I ran across this Beast w/ better specs, & suspenders...for less than half the price.😎

• Like 4

That looks really nicely made, sadly it’s prob illegal in this country where the government decide what’s best for us all. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, XTreme said:

It depends on the level of assistance, the terrain and battery capacity, Pete. I use mine on Eco mode most of the time, which is the minimum amount of assistance,  and mine has a 500W battery, so I probably need to charge it up every 100-120kms with the riding I do around here. That's enough for me though. 👍

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Tango said:

It depends on the level of assistance, the terrain and battery capacity, Pete. I use mine on Eco mode most of the time, which is the minimum amount of assistance,  and mine has a 500W battery, so I probably need to charge it up every 100-120kms with the riding I do around here. That's enough for me though. 👍

Doesn’t it make sense to use more assist, and then push as hard as normal but going twice as fast for the same effort?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

Doesn’t it make sense to use more assist, and then push as hard as normal but going twice as fast for the same effort?

The terrain & 50 lbs. of weight come into play there somewhere.... Sensibility vs. real-world results I guess.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tango said:

It depends on the level of assistance, the terrain and battery capacity, Pete. I use mine on Eco mode most of the time, which is the minimum amount of assistance,  and mine has a 500W battery and a 3W motor, so I probably need to charge it up every 1-2kms with the riding I do around here. That's enough for me though. 👍

That kind of distance ride without an internal combustion engine to power you is more than enough for any red blooded human being.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Pedro said:

The assist only works up to 25km/h, so above that it's all down to you! 😉😂😂 I guess that it also depends what you want out of it. Personally,  I want the exercise,  but sometimes need a bit of assistance up the hills or against a headwind,  otherwise I'd just use my non-ebike. 😎

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

After spending this month attending to domestic maintenance.... just rode UP to the top of my steep driveway, sitting down....in 7th gear- on PA level 3. Still gotta install the electronic shifter & tighten up a few fasteners...but just about got the brake pads enbed'd. Gonna pump the shock up a bit as well. Might just have to do a ride report tomorrow....🤔

My sore, piss-poor excuse for feet are mucho appreciative of this Beast that's an absolute blast to ride! 👍😎

• Like 4

8 hours ago, YamaHead said:

Might just have to do a ride report tomorrow....

Show these Casuals how it's done Scott!

50 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Show these Casuals how it's done Scott!

We need video, it will be like a transformer raping a moped.

• Haha 1

Had a quick little blast around the 'hood this morning.....within 2 short blocks, got 'er rollin' up to 25 mph....surprising for a bicycle!😎

• Like 4

The crest of the road behind the bike is a pretty steep gravel hill.....coasted down it in PA level 0.....33 mph...enough to make the eyes water...lol

Mullet005.thumb.jpg.47f8099d0757fcfad67272986b92a06d.jpg

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, YamaHead said:

The crest of the road behind the bike is a pretty steep gravel hill.....coasted down it in PA level 0.....33 mph...enough to make the eyes water...lol

Mullet005.thumb.jpg.47f8099d0757fcfad67272986b92a06d.jpg

Great stuff Scott!