First Weekend in December!

XTreme

Not too bad here......

Screenshot2023-12-01113738.jpg.9c2e301549143db97bd9a79f64fd4d29.jpg

I'll have to get out and run the bike on Sunday.......cos I'm going to be sidelined for a couple of weeks after the Hernia repair.

And tomorrow I've got the Albox trip in order to stock up for the next couple of months.

What's happening with you?

• Like 3

It's bleddy cold here  🥶

Ersilia is off with her sister and two friends for a girls Xmas weekend so Paolo and I will have to fend for ourselves.  Tomorrow I have to get the mafia staff car (mother-in-law's Fiat Panda) to start and then move , it has sat in her garage for nearly a year so it could be a bit trying  :classic_wacko:

• Like 5

Today is a holiday in Portugal, our sort of brexit in regards to influence from Spain. Plan was to meet up with @JustaPor for a burguer up in the hills, but it’s raining and that dampens spirits. I will do it tomorrow though, as sun is arriving after a week of heavy rain and I need to get out of the house. It’ll be a slow weekend.

• Like 6

Just now, boboneleg said:

It's bleddy cold here  🥶

Ersilia is off with her sister and two friends for a girls Xmas weekend so Paolo and I will have to fend for ourselves.  Tomorrow I have to get the mafia staff car (mother-in-law's Fiat Panda) to start and then move , it has sat in her garage for nearly a year so it could be a bit trying  :classic_wacko:

Guessing a small service and the brakes freeing off at the very least

• Like 3

I'd have thought the front brakes shouldn't be too bad so long as they aren't in contact with the discs but after that kind of time I'd expect the rears to have welded themselves to the discs

• Like 2

Well I have decided to put the aprilia up for sale on ebay and already had 1 trying it on with the whole give my PayPal out and he'll deposit the money...

I just told them to either bid or use buy now and that's how we're doing things 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

I'd have thought the front brakes shouldn't be too bad so long as they aren't in contact with the discs but after that kind of time I'd expect the rears to have welded themselves to the discs

I'm pretty certain the rears are drums, they might be the main problem.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

Well I have decided to put the aprilia up for sale on ebay and already had 1 trying it on with the whole give my PayPal out and he'll deposit the money...

I just told them to either bid or use buy now and that's how we're doing things 

Is it a track only bike ?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Thanks Clive.

Hopefully it will fetch a decent price

It seems a decent price for what you are selling the bike for, and accessories, good luck with the sale. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Clive said:

It seems a decent price for what you are selling the bike for, and accessories, good luck with the sale. 

Yeah I didn't think it too bad an offer to have it all as 1 it's abit of a pointless exercise selling the trailer and bike separately 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, busabeast said:

Yeah I didn't think it too bad an offer to have it all as 1 it's abit of a pointless exercise selling the trailer and bike separately 

Yep a better buy with the full set up. 👍 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, XTreme said:

What does it say?

"Only used on one trackday when I shit out of riding with the fast boys"

Golden Girls Lol GIF by HULU

I was up there at the fast end of the intermediate group when I was last out on it at Snetterton, only outbraked myself once at the end of the Bentley straight after id taken out the baffle and was doing nearly 150mph when before it was only doing 115 due to it being strangled by the baffle.

So when are you doing a trackday pete?

• Haha 4

47 minutes ago, busabeast said:

I was up there at the fast end of the intermediate group when I was last out on it at Snetterton, only outbraked myself once at the end of the Bentley straight after id taken out the baffle and was doing nearly 150mph when before it was only doing 115 due to it being strangled by the baffle.

karl pilkington bullshit GIF

49 minutes ago, busabeast said:

So when are you doing a trackday pete?

The week after next.......then I'll be boxing on the Saudi undercard on the 23rd December.

I've got an IronMan Triathlon to do on New Years Day.....then I'll be on the start line of the Dakar later that week.

Damn......I can nearly bullshit as well as you!

conan obrien GIF by Team Coco

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

karl pilkington bullshit GIF

The week after next.......then I'll be boxing on the Saudi undercard on the 23rd December.

I've got an IronMan Triathlon to do on New Years Day.....then I'll be on the start line of the Dakar later that week.

Damn......I can nearly bullshit as well as you!

conan obrien GIF by Team Coco

I'd like to bid you good luck on all of that pete but I can't see you getting past the 1st punch in the boxing fight.

Sorry mate but my money would be on the other guy

• Haha 1

Working tonight and Sunday night. Got a couple of Farkles to put on my Bike and rugby to watch on Saturday.    My pop out for a shortish spin on the bike but it is booked in for it's first 600 mile service on Wednesday coming and I have already cracked the 600 so don't want to push it to far.     

• Like 1