It's GoPro Time!

XTreme

On 28/11/2023 at 15:37, XTreme said:

Tested the cam for positioning while sitting the bike......seems about right, but only riding it will confirm.

I've managed to circumvent MS's restrictions on installing HEVC codecs and they're now installed......so I can view 4K vids straight from the camera.

The issue with the 4K stuff is the file size, and bearing in mind that YouTube and FaceBook seem to compress them down to 1080k there doesn't seem any point in using 4K. At least not at the moment.

I've enhanced 1080k to it's optimal settings and there was hardly any difference between that and 4k. Except the file was about a quarter of the size.

Anyway, I'll give it a test on the bike tomorrow.

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

• Haha 1

On 28/11/2023 at 15:37, XTreme said:

Tested the cam for positioning while sitting the bike......seems about right, but only riding it will confirm.

I've managed to circumvent MS's restrictions on installing HEVC codecs and they're now installed......so I can view 4K vids straight from the camera.

The issue with the 4K stuff is the file size, and bearing in mind that YouTube and FaceBook seem to compress them down to 1080k there doesn't seem any point in using 4K. At least not at the moment.

I've enhanced 1080k to it's optimal settings and there was hardly any difference between that and 4k. Except the file was about a quarter of the size.

Anyway, I'll give it a test on the bike tomorrow.

Is there really any difference between 1080 and 4k?

I don't ever see a difference a video is just a video

15 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Is there really any difference between 1080 and 4k?

I don't ever see a difference a video is just a video

You'll notice a difference if you're watching it full screen on a TV......but for net viewing within a window I can't see much.

But I need to do some comparison tests......and hopefully that will be tomorrow!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You'll notice a difference if you're watching it full screen on a TV......but for net viewing within a window I can't see much.

But I need to do some comparison tests......and hopefully that will be tomorrow!

Is this the tomorrow that never comes you said that yesterday LOL

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

What are the chances your videos will be used by Hollywood to edit a big production for cinema? 

• Haha 7

16 minutes ago, Pedro said:

What are the chances your videos will be used by Hollywood to edit a big production for cinema? 

Presenting Pete's dago anal destruction on the plains of desolation coming to a cinema near you

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Get Daniel Day Lewis to play you, Pete. Not many people can do the accent of a Welshman after 20 years of speaking Spanish on the street.

Forget Spanish, it’s Welshman after 20 years in Andaluzia, it’ll give the talented man a headache.

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, Pedro said:

Forget Spanish, it’s Welshman after 20 years in Andaluzia, it’ll give the talented man a headache.

My accent hasn't changed one bit......it never will.

In fact my Welsh accent comes through in Spanish......so people think I'm Scandinavian or Dutch. But apparently I look German! :classic_unsure:

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, XTreme said:

In fact my Welsh accent comes through in Spanish......so people think I'm Scandinavian or Dutch. But apparently I look Chinese! :classic_unsure:

Fixed

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, XTreme said:

In fact my Welsh accent comes through in Spanish......so people think I'm Scandinavian or Dutch. But apparently I look German! :classic_unsure:

We need proof of your Welsh Spanish..... thats impossible 

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

I did this one at 1080.....4k file sizes are insane.

Seems pretty decent to me.....make sure YouTube is displaying it to you at 1080 though.

My youtube only offer up to 720p for that video, maybe it takes longer for the higher spec to become available?

Seems good to me as it is, you’re carrying on with the same sort of music, though?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pedro said:

My youtube only offer up to 720p for that video, maybe it takes longer for the higher spec to become available?

Seems good to me as it is, you’re carrying on with the same sort of music, though?

You should get the 1080 option.... unless your connection is poor. 

I just slung any soundtrack onto that... it was just a test vid. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

You should get the 1080 option.... unless your connection is poor. 

I just slung any soundtrack onto that... it was just a test vid. 

I thought we would be listening to the sound of the bike with the new camera or is the music to overwrite your screaming every time you see a wet patch 

• Haha 5