It's GoPro Time!

XTreme

11 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Delivery was supposed to be Monday......but it turned up this morning.

Looks a bit complicated......I might have to get the wife's advice on this shit! :classic_unsure:

IMG_20231125_114059-min.jpg.00626e15f8929a9066432c8c652a7bfb.jpg

You really are a useless twat aren't you 

• Haha 5

Instructions are shit.....I had to find YT vids to be able to put the battery and SD card in.

It's now charging and when that's done I can set it up with the App on the phone!

• Like 2

Funny you should say that....here's the ironic thing!

Windows 10 will not run the default vid from the camera through it's default Media Player cos it needs HVEC codecs.......but I can't have them cos I need Windows 11. And my PC which is a HP Intel I3 and about 6 years old won't take Windows 11.

However.....MovieMator video editor will run it to edit it, and the the edited clip will then run on Windows with no issues.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Windows 10 will not run the default vid from the camera through it's default Media Player cos it needs HVEC codecs.......but I can't have them cos I need Windows 11. And my PC which is a HP Intel I3 and about 6 years old won't take Windows 11.

However.....MovieMator video editor will run it to edit it, and the the edited clip will then run on Windows with no issues.

Wouldn't have that problem if you had a Mac 😉

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

You still sound unclear even in HD :classic_laugh:

• Haha 6

Tested the cam for positioning while sitting the bike......seems about right, but only riding it will confirm.

I've managed to circumvent MS's restrictions on installing HEVC codecs and they're now installed......so I can view 4K vids straight from the camera.

The issue with the 4K stuff is the file size, and bearing in mind that YouTube and FaceBook seem to compress them down to 1080k there doesn't seem any point in using 4K. At least not at the moment.

I've enhanced 1080k to it's optimal settings and there was hardly any difference between that and 4k. Except the file was about a quarter of the size.

Anyway, I'll give it a test on the bike tomorrow.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

Anyway, I'll give it a test on the bike tomorrow.

Only if its 23⁰c and no hotter or cooler, its not raining or too sunny and not too windy or a completely calm day.....

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Only if its 23⁰c and no hotter or cooler, its not raining or too sunny and not too windy or a completely calm day.....

Says the bloke who never rides his bike!

You're not working now......so what's the latest excuse?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Says the bloke who never rides his bike!

You're not working now......so what's the latest excuse?

It's due snow here 9pm tonight and it's been around 0⁰c.

You wouldn't ride a 47bhp machine in these conditions what makes you think im going to take a 200+bhp machine out

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

I do take it out just not all that often.

I've been taking it to work recently or did you miss them posts

I do tend to skim over your posts it has to be said!

• Haha 4