Second Weekend in November!

XTreme

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

It was still a shit experience and it was the Spanish recovery who repeatedly didn't come out.

I had a Recovery in 2007 (Opel Astra), 2016 (XT600), 2022 on two occasions (R1200GS), and 2023 (Xsara Picasso)......all done within the hour!

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

I had a Recovery in 2007 (Opel Astra), 2016 (XT600), 2022 on two occasions (R1200GS), and 2023 (Xsara Picasso)......all done within the hour!

You limped the bike home with no brakes though didn’t you? You didn’t sit on the side of the road. 

Anyway tis irrelevant, I’m simply saying my experience of the amazing recovery in Spain wasn’t that. 

• Like 1

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I’m simply saying my experience of the amazing recovery in Spain wasn’t that. 

You really need to minimise the risk of mechanical failure when you're over here!

May I suggest....

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

You really need to minimise the risk of mechanical failure when you're over here!

May I suggest....

See comments on the other thread from members mentioning repeatedly pasting people for owning a particular bike stops them bothering to contrbute.. you boring honda owning tosser!

• Haha 5

15 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Anyway tis irrelevant, I’m simply saying my experience of the amazing recovery in Spain wasn’t that. 

The thing though, is that while you were in Spain your experience relates to the company you have a contract with, and from whom you were asking for recovery, and who replied to your requests. Did you get told by spaniards they were on the way to then fail on that?

Maybe a spanish coverage would be more suited if you spend so much time there, as a way to guarantee adequate service.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

WR250, I'm now sitting here worried whether they will actually be able to recover it to my house today.  In my dealings with them yesterday I came to the conclusion that they are employing half-wits.  There is also the situation where no manager was available yesterday evening and their customer services department doesn't work on the weekend :wank4az:

if only you knew someone with a van..

Pulp Fiction Thinking GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

27 minutes ago, XTreme said:

May I suggest....

Right you have convinced me I am off to get one.  👍

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

ask the wankers at RAC , i'm actually on the phone to them right now as it's still not back.

How difficult is it to recover a bloody vehicle..... the useless twats

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

ask the wankers at RAC , i'm actually on the phone to them right now as it's still not back.

So what happened to make it unrideable?

Did you have an off or something?

4 minutes ago, busabeast said:

How difficult is it to recover a bloody vehicle..... the useless twats

Precisely, the latest estimate is that it's being collected at 5.00 pm . I'll believe it when I see it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, busabeast said:

So what happened to make it unrideable?

Did you have an off or something?

Ok short version of events.  My mate gets a puncture (slow one) at 3.00pm , he needs to get back to Redditch by 5.00 pm as he has to collect his van from the garage, so I gave him my compressor so he could pump it up every so often.

He says to me 'what if you get a puncture' , I say 'what are the chances of that '  :classic_wacko: . At 4.00pm with me heading home I get a blow out on the top of the Cotswolds, not a puncture but instant deflation sending me across the road but remaining upright .

With no means of blowing the tyre up even if I put a new tube in it, I decided to ride 7 miles to Cirencester where there would be some civilisation for an easier recovery.  I got there doing 20mph all the way and the tyre stayed on the rim but was f*cked, hence the need to ask for recovery.

As long as my bike does get back here I will be phoning RAC customer services on Monday to ask them if they think their shitty service is acceptable.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Ok short version of events.  My mate gets a puncture (slow one) at 3.00pm , he needs to get back to Redditch by 5.00 pm as he has to collect his van from the garage, so I gave him my compressor so he could pump it up every so often.

He says to me 'what if you get a puncture' , I say 'what are the chances of that '  :classic_wacko: . At 4.00pm with me heading home I get a blow out on the top of the Cotswolds, not a puncture but instant deflation sending me across the road but remaining upright .

With no means of blowing the tyre up even if I put a new tube in it, I decided to ride 7 miles to Cirencester where there would be some civilisation for an easier recovery.  I got there doing 20mph all the way and the tyre stayed on the rim but was f*cked, hence the need to ask for recovery.

As long as my bike does get back here I will be phoning RAC customer services on Monday to ask them if they think their shitty service is acceptable.

You now own a bike perfect for mousse's Bob it takes so many what if's away, granted they don't last long and are expensive but worth every penny. The Beta was the first bike i have ever had them on and will always use them on that type of bike from now on 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Shit where have I just committed to going? 😂

The woods with  group of hairy trail riders where nobody can hear you scream, but they'll buy you breakfast afterwards 

Season 4 Omg GIF by DARK SIDE OF THE RING

• Haha 1