Keeper................

boboneleg

I have thought about selling my Suzuki DR650 many times as I have the CRF250 Rally which can do the same job and the DR650 would probably fetch good money.  However, I rode it 10 days ago across Salisbury Plain and roads there and back and I realised that it's a keeper.

I'm not generally somone who hangs onto bikes but this bike is set up exactly how I want it , it's got enough oomph to get me to Europe, it'll commute and it's a decent trail bike.  Plus there something I really like about 600-650 trail bikes , it's my favourite type of bike.

So the Donkey will be a keeper, hopefully it will stay with me until I need to get an off-road mobility scooter :classic_laugh:

70d.thumb.JPEG.b3855044d3681d78df7ba69001f1c16e.JPEG

So have you got a keeper ?

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

as I have the CRF250 Rally which can do the same job

I thought you'd sold it?

Keeper?

Got to be this cos it does it all!

20231010_161850-min.jpg

The thing is, new Stroms are now down below 8K and come with a 4 year warranty as standard!

As you know I love Stroms and that's a lot of bike for the money......but what I don't want is 20kg extra weight!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

I have thought about selling my Suzuki DR650 many times as I have the CRF250 Rally which can do the same job and the DR650 would probably fetch good money.  However, I rode it 10 days ago across Salisbury Plain and roads there and back and I realised that it's a keeper.

I'm not generally somone who hangs onto bikes but this bike is set up exactly how I want it , it's got enough oomph to get me to Europe, it'll commute and it's a decent trail bike.  Plus there something I really like about 600-650 trail bikes , it's my favourite type of bike.

So the Donkey will be a keeper, hopefully it will stay with me until I need to get an off-road mobility scooter :classic_laugh:

Also when you’re done with off-roading it’ll take you anywhere on tarmac too.

My keeper, eventually I might add another bike to share the punishment, but I’ll never sell this one:

F7CA70A9-486A-4DFF-98DB-AC36BAEE1AB5.thumb.jpeg.c0c8d30ebee5c30e047483b95cf315dd.jpeg

• Like 5

On 10/10/2023 at 16:22, boboneleg said:

I’ve had a few…….and sold them all when tempted by some other two-wheeled floozie.

• Haha 2

On 10/10/2023 at 15:22, boboneleg said:

Yes! 

46 minutes ago, Skippy said:

I’ve had a few…….and sold them all when tempted by some other two-wheeled floozie.

Its that 15 minute testosterone cycle...

• Haha 3

At the time my VFR 750 was the bike that i said was a keeper.......but life got in the way and i had to sell it, regretted it for years, no other bike that i have owned had the same effect.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Clive said:

At the time my VFR 750 was the bike that i said was a keeper.......but life got in the way and i had to sell it, regretted it for years, no other bike that i have owned had the same effect.

I have the same feelings about my 1978 BMW R100RS.  I so wish I never sold that bike.   

• Like 2