Word on the Street!

XTreme

17 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

It's not the performance but the chassis and the brakes.  My mates Z1 back in the day was feckin dangerous in fast bends.

In terms of handling, the GS750 was the best of the big bikes back in those days!

But it was a long way off being as good as the RD350. The 400/4 was decent enough, while the Suzuki and Kwak Triples were hard work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

It's only since the 90's (I think) when 17" wheels became the norm.

So I did an awful lot of riding before that time and always on 19 and 21 inch wheels.....that's what is normal to me.

I tend to find that 17 inch wheels never want to drop into corners in a way that suits the way I ride. To me, they feel like they want to run wide.

I think @Skippy has the same issue......which kinda figures because we come from the same era.

You’re not wrong Pete, I can ride around on a 17 inch but generally speaking it feels more normal to have 19 or 21 inches in front of me 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, XTreme said:

In terms of handling, the GS750 was the best of the big bikes back in those days!

But it was a long way off being as good as the RD350. The 400/4 was decent enough, while the Suzuki and Kwak Triples were hard work.

My 400/4's handling was a little scary at times LOL 

I had a CB900F for a year or so and it was hideous. The bloody thing had been painted with silver Hammerite so at least it wasn’t going to rust!

This is me and my Dutch mate on the outskirts of Rotterdam. We were both wankered but he couldn’t stand up properly so we chained his bike to a tree and he jumped on the back of mine. Our two girlfriends got a taxi and that’s how they took this photo. I should add that I was young and stupid and I think drink/driving wasn’t taboo in those days. Wouldn’t dream of doing now.

Great memories………he married his girlfriend and they’re still together now. I didn’t. 🤣🤣🤣

610625603.049893.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Skippy said:

I had a CB900F for a year or so and it was hideous. The bloody thing had been painted with silver Hammerite so at least it wasn’t going to rust!

This is me and my Dutch mate on the outskirts of Rotterdam. We were both wankered but he couldn’t stand up properly so we chained his bike to a tree and he jumped on the back of mine. Our two girlfriends got a taxi and that’s how they took this photo. I should add that I was young and stupid and I think drink/driving wasn’t taboo in those days. Wouldn’t dream of doing now.

Great memories………he married his girlfriend and they’re still together now. I didn’t. 🤣🤣🤣

610625603.049893.jpeg

He preferred holding on to you drunk, over sharing a taxi with two girls?

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Skippy said:

610625603.049893.jpeg

I always liked the styling on those.......went really well from what I can remember!

10 hours ago, Skippy said:

610625603.049893.jpeg

Two guys on a Honda?

Leonardo Dicaprio Ok GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 5

19 hours ago, Skippy said:

Great memories………he married his girlfriend and they’re still together now. I didn’t. 🤣🤣

610625603.049893.jpeg

bit weird if you had married her aswell

21 hours ago, Skippy said:

610625603.049893.jpeg

Nice Reebok's @Skippy