Second Weekend in August!

XTreme

More bloody heat.......

Screenshot2023-08-11122146.jpg.7791bf7bdc68ad657be8a28e24fcdf5a.jpg

Tomorrow morning I'll be doing what I should have done last week if the starter motor hadn't gone in the car. And that's see a client in Baza, and then take the wife to the shops.

Sunday morning early I might have a chance to get out for a while.....fingers crossed!

What you got planned?

• Like 4

Not a lot.  Ex-neighbours coming to visit this afternoon (they live in Australia now) but that's up in the air as the M5 is shut and they're stuck in it .

Taking Paolo to the nursing home tomorrow to see mother-in-law , apparently he will be singing for the inmates.

Saturday evening will be kebab and beer/cider

200.gif?cid=cbd60c74tvqwhtq7naejz7ofdhut

• Like 3

Never seen so much rain for the month July and Aug now.....received my tour pack and nothing is right about it..it's got the wrong hardware on it..it's all black out...paint is horrible...the rack or mount doesn't fitt the bike...so I'm running everything back to the dealer so they can sort it out...was hoping to have it ready for the last week of August...a ride coming up..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Oh dear. Sounds like he’s toast, they don’t usually shut the motorway for so long otherwise. 

Glad I decided not to go down the a38 to rumwells, thought the traffic might be bad so went over the Mendips instead. Sounds like it was much worse than I anticipated.

I was lucky to get to Bristol up the A370 at 1.30pm with no problems.

The BSA is such a surprise, not gonna knock anyone’s socks off but it’s fun and plenty enough there for easy overtaking.

Might wait here a while though til the looneys are off the motorway. 

Do you use Devon live for traffic updates? 
I only ask because it looks like it might be more useful than what I use. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Oh dear. Sounds like he’s toast, they don’t usually shut the motorway for so long otherwise. 

Glad I decided not to go down the a38 to rumwells, thought the traffic might be bad so went over the Mendips instead. Sounds like it was much worse than I anticipated.

I was lucky to get to Bristol up the A370 at 1.30pm with no problems.

The BSA is such a surprise, not gonna knock anyone’s socks off but it’s fun and plenty enough there for easy overtaking.

Might wait here a while though til the looneys are off the motorway. 

Do you use Devon live for traffic updates? 
I only ask because it looks like it might be more useful than what I use. 

I find the map app on the i phone is great at showing traffic congestion on route. When i leave work for home i usually use the app just to see where the hot spots are so i can then plan around them

The wife is away in a rock festival somewhere this weekend the boy is getting his end away on the isle of man again for two weeks and the daughter is never around so i'm on my own again. Not planned much other than cleaning the marmite wagons interior and maybe having a look at some of the advisories it had on the MOT back in January LOL
It's just dawned on me the wife left this morning and is not back until Sunday and i haven't a fucking clue where she's gone for the weekend all i know its something to do with music and its in the UK :classic_laugh:

• Haha 7

39 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I find the map app on the i phone is great at showing traffic congestion on route. When i leave work for home i usually use the app just to see where the hot spots are so i can then plan around them

Yerp 👍

and Waze. I don’t use Waze for navigation but the updates are very fast because they’re reported by the app users. 

A crash on the M5 round the junctions where I live isn’t plotable around unless you want a very very long ride because the A370 and A38 are where all the traffic diverts to.
So I’ll just sit this one out for a bit longer, obviously I’d rather not be here on my tod, in peace and quiet having a cheeky vimto… needs must 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

It's just dawned on me the wife left this morning and is not back until Sunday and i haven't a fucking clue where she's gone for the weekend all i know its something to do with music and its in the UK :classic_laugh:

Or is it....

• Haha 2

On 11/08/2023 at 15:57, busabeast said:

This weekend consists of Valeting the jag tomorrow then got a jag day out at Alnwick Castle booked up

Was a jag day out  ?

36 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Hi mate it was a really good day out, and it coincided with my 38th birthday 

Happy birthday ,

may you live to be 100 and the seed of your loin lay deep in your women for many a year 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/08/2023 at 17:31, Sir Fallsalot said:

The wife is away in a rock festival somewhere this weekend the boy is getting his end away on the isle of man again for two weeks and the daughter is never around so i'm on my own again. Not planned much other than cleaning the marmite wagons interior and maybe having a look at some of the advisories it had on the MOT back in January LOL

I hope she prepared food and drink before she left.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Six30 said:

Happy birthday ,

may you live to be 100 and the seed of your loin lay deep in your women for many a year 

I don't want to live to 100 though im 38 and my body is fucked already, 65 will do me 

• Haha 1