Las Vegas and SoCal

Earache

Landed at my hotel for the night - more my style.

But I bet they don't even have a laundromat!   I'll have to write a sternly worded letter ....

IMG_9565.JPG

IMG_2995.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Today I got up at 0500 and blasted for home, Didn't take many pics - but I did get in a few  last fuel station pics for the fans....

IMG_2996.JPG

IMG_2997.JPG

IMG_2998.JPG

IMG_2999.JPG

• Like 4

Next trip: Ohio on Tuesday!

Changing oil and doing the brakes this weekend and then blasting off to the eastern USA.

Pics to follow .....

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Great having all that open road!

Yup - the fun never seems to end. I passed a couple of bikes coming the other way - but nothing other than that in about 100 miles.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Earache said:

Had to endure 60 miles of this ...

IMG_9540.JPG

IMG_9542.JPG

IMG_9546.JPG

IMG_9555.JPG

IMG_9557.JPG

The scenery is great, but what gets me is that it goes on for 60 miles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

The scenery is great, but what gets me is that it goes on for 60 miles.

Good point - it almost gets boring after awhile.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Earache said:

Good point - it almost gets boring after awhile.

It wouldn't if you come from a small country. Here you have to stop before the next corner to look at the scenery.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Earache said:

Next trip: Ohio on Tuesday!

Changing oil and doing the brakes this weekend and then blasting off to the eastern USA.

Pics to follow .....

On the Wing again?

I find photos of scenery usually take away just how good the views are and never live up to the actual view, the photos you have taken look amazing so i cant imagine how good it is to be standing there looking at it for real. Looked like a great trip and looking at where you've been riding i cant think of a better bike to do it on 👍

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I find photos of scenery usually take away just how good the views are and never live up to the actual view, the photos you have taken look amazing so i cant imagine how good it is to be standing there looking at it for real. Looked like a great trip and looking at where you've been riding i cant think of a better bike to do it on 👍

Bet he'd rather be on the 1200. 

Epic stuff and looking forward to the next one.

• Like 2

It's hard for us in Europe to imagine the distance's you cover , I'm not sure I could hack riding that far but I suppose it's a case of what you're used to doing.  Anyway, cool photos @Earache, great to see pics from your part of the world.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, XTreme said:

On the Wing again?

Yup - meeting the wife in Ohio this time.

Considering the flatness of the trip's geography, the Wing makes sense I suppose.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Yeah the pics don't do it justice - hard to capture how big these features are and for how long they extend into the distance. Some of the pics the horizon is 10-15 miles away. Just freakin massive rock formations.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

Bet he'd rather be on the 1200. 

Epic stuff and looking forward to the next one.

I saw so many dirt roads that looked like they led off to a great place - just couldn't get there one the Wing.

Taking the Tenere up to Canada and a nice 2 week trip in July - that'll be a good one.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, boboneleg said:

It's hard for us in Europe to imagine the distance's you cover , I'm not sure I could hack riding that far but I suppose it's a case of what you're used to doing.  Anyway, cool photos @Earache, great to see pics from your part of the world.

I know it looks like a death march at times - but there are good distances to be covered to get to various places here. Ya pretty much have to do the big miles to get to your destination.

Next week's ride to Ohio and back will be 5,000 miles. But it has to be done if I wanna meet the wifey in Ohio.

• Like 2