Las Vegas and SoCal

Earache

On 12/05/2023 at 07:19, Earache said:

You can see why it's a fun road to ride. No run off room though and the drop is rather severe - bad place to crash...

IMG_9235.JPG

We came close to crossing paths, I guess.  Maybe off by a week.  Our trip was weekend of 5/6!

IMG_2328.thumb.JPG.dc44b01b6d39c13529af09ebbd5162f0.JPG

IMG_2329.thumb.JPG.2e8398e1df88655a480e0bc249341aaa.JPG

• Like 3

On 14/05/2023 at 08:09, Earache said:

Speed limit is 65, (this is in California - fuckin' lefty, commie,  liberal state that wants to tell you how to do everything),  which is pretty low. I did roughly 85 across all of this. Going too fast and the pig of a bike drinks too much fuel.

Hah!!!  We spend all our time at least 15 over.  Until we get to Colorado, where the drivers call the cops on you 🤣

They are more "speed suggestions" versus "speed limits".  Especially those roads you took.  Awesome area!!

• Like 2

The train station in Rhyolite is one of the best things there.  Bottle building next.  If you've seen the movie "The Island" with Ewan McGregor, they come out of the ground in Rhyolite.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Amazing ghost town Eric.....is there many of them out there?

Not really, but they tend to be prettybig. Rhyolite had 8,000 people in it at one time - and that was in 1905-15 or so. It came and went fast!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, alfalfa said:

The train station in Rhyolite is one of the best things there.  Bottle building next.  If you've seen the movie "The Island" with Ewan McGregor, they come out of the ground in Rhyolite.

Train station looked like some doors, windows and a lick of paint would see it right again.
Great stuff Earache.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Train station looked like some doors, windows and a lick of paint would see it right again.
Great stuff Earache.

It was in decent shape. Wish I could have gotten inside or seen inside, but they had it pretty well boarded up....

IMG_9324.JPG

IMG_9331.JPG

IMG_9337.JPG

• Like 5

Shit internet the past couple of nights and haven't been able to post pics. But will be home today and will finish posting them when I arrive.

Lots of this .....

IMG_2988.jpg

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, Earache said:

Shit internet the past couple of nights and haven't been able to post pics. But will be home today and will finish posting them when I arrive.

Lots of this .....

IMG_2988.jpg

Will it get to the horizon before running out of fuel lol 

• Haha 1