Las Vegas and SoCal

Earache

I could have pulled over every 20 miles as the scenery changed to take more pics - hard to force yourself to just continue on ....

IMG_9165.JPG

IMG_9168.JPG

IMG_9170.JPG

IMG_9178.JPG

• Like 7

This area is high desert, so despite looking warm - it wasn't. Temps were about 45F / 7C. Then headed up over thew mountains to about 9,500' and it got colder. Down to around 38-40F / 4.5C and windy. Was hoping this sign was true or I'd have to back track 100 miles.....

1006616_10200545868103015_533884595_o.jpg

IMG_2803.JPG

IMG_2804.JPG

IMG_2806.JPG

IMG_2808.jpg

IMG_2810.jpg

• Like 6

Whole lot of nothing out here - no houses, no animals, nothing. But a great road to ride - high speed touring at it's finest ....

IMG_9179.JPG

IMG_9181.JPG

IMG_9182.JPG

IMG_9183.JPG

IMG_9187.JPG

IMG_9189.JPG

• Like 7

Surprised at how well the Wing handles these roads at a fair pace. It's not fast but does well once it gets up to speed. Wind has a real effect on it at times, but other than that it does well...

IMG_9191.JPG

IMG_9192.JPG

IMG_9194.JPG

IMG_9196.JPG

IMG_9198.JPG

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Great stuff Eric......considering you've had rain the bike looks pretty clean!

This is an amazing shot......

IMG_9168.JPG

Look at the trunk - it's dirty as Hell. Dirt is probably freaking you out ...

IMG_2803.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I dropped off of this mountain into some serious heat. It was getting late in the day and it was time to make up some miles, so I hopped onto Interstate 15 for the 3 hour slog south to Vegas. Temps were now 95F / 35C and traffic was thick. Apparently they don't teach people to get outta the left passing lane in driving schools here, either. Pity. I feel bad passing them on the right and on the berm.

But I made it to Vegas after a long day and enjoyed a few beers for dinner, Life is good....

beers.jpg

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Earache said:

Look at the trunk - it's dirty as Hell. Dirt is probably freaking you out ...

I'd have to take it through a Jet Wash!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'd have to take it through a Jet Wash!

...and then spend 3 hours polishing!

It's just gonna have to stay dirty until I get home.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Earache said:

Had the Full American breakfast at one truck stop followed by the Full American lunch at another hours later. Just nothing else to eat out here ....

IMG_2793.JPG

IMG_2796.JPG

Hope that’s not what you have in mind if you come over my way!

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Hope that’s not what you have in mind if you come over my way!

It's just fuel - not really food. There are no restaurants out here so you end up eating crap out of fuel stations. It's that or nothing.

Can't beat standing by your bike and eating😆

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

The scenery far outweighs the eating , that's for sure :classic_biggrin:

I suppose you could carry your own food if it was that important to you. I just don't really care much what or if I eat on bike trips. Especially when I'm by myself - just eat quick and get it over with.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Earache said:

It's just fuel - not really food. There are no restaurants out here so you end up eating crap out of fuel stations. It's that or nothing.

Can't beat standing by your bike and eating😆

Me and Mandi would find ourselves doing that. Pack of biscuits, bread rolls with some sliced ham lobbed in. Whatever they were selling.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

Me and Mandi would find ourselves doing that. Pack of biscuits, bread rolls with some sliced ham lobbed in. Whatever they were selling.

My staple lunch diet when travelling across France is a baguette, packet of Comte cheese and a bottle of beer

Hungry Best Friends GIF by Best Friends Animal Society

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

Works for me! Some places do have some sandwiches of some type but most just have dry crackers, chips, etc. I'm okay with that.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

My staple lunch diet when travelling across France is a baguette, packet of Comte cheese and a bottle of beer

Hungry Best Friends GIF by Best Friends Animal Society

I don't have the will power to stop at one beer once I've started. So have to leave those until evening.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The wife's flight arrived really late last night - around 12:00 midnight. I didn't eat as we were going to go out when she arrived.

So I looked around and found a 24 hour Mexican joint online that would be open. Great ! She likes Mexican food a lot so this will work out for us.

We pile into the Uber and drive about 20 minutes to the place. As we pull up, we notice that it's located in a titty bar! This is gonna be good.

I offered to just go back but she wanted some food so in we went....

IMG_2833.JPG

IMG_2832.JPG

IMG_2830.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

The restaurant area was devoid of any nudity and was really clean. Beers were ice cold and her margarita was perfection, albeit a tad on the expensive side at $23.00. Pints were around $8.50 each so not too bad.

Food was even decent. I should have snapped some pics but we devoured the stuff too fast and I forgot to photo. Anyway; usual Mexican crap slathered on a plate. Pretty good!

Weird looking place with odd lights, very dark interior and big bouncer guys at the front door. All kinda odd, weird Vegas kinda shit.

IMG_2828.JPG

IMG_2827.JPG

IMG_2826.JPG

• Like 7