Las Vegas and SoCal

Earache

Saturday we head out into the desert with no real destination. Again, there's not shit out here - no people, no towns, no nuthin'. Just miles and miles of empty road ....

IMG_2856.JPG

IMG_2854.JPG

IMG_2850.JPG

• Like 6

Stopped off at the Crow Bar on Shoshone, California for lunch. Old style diner that hasn't been updated in years. Had a couple of burgers that were good and the wofe had some homemade blueberry pie that she said was excellent........

IMG_2837.JPG

IMG_2838.JPG

IMG_2836.JPG

IMG_2835.JPG

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Earache said:

Stopped off at the Crow Bar on Shoshone, California for lunch. Old style diner that hasn't been updated in years. Had a couple of burgers that were good and the wofe had some homemade blueberry pie that she said was excellent........

IMG_2837.JPG

IMG_2838.JPG

IMG_2836.JPG

IMG_2835.JPG

Cool place!

• Like 1

image.thumb.jpeg.7e0ef01be59a3a208cc4bd1a26d28e6c.jpeg

Doesn’t that make you want to stretch a bike’s legs?

Ubi non accusator, ibi non judex.

That’s Latin for where there are no cops there is no speed limit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

How many miles does the bike go on a tank of gas before you start getting a bit anxious 

After about 100 miles and I'm starting to look for some some fuel. I get it when I can - not when I need it. If I see a fuel stop with 75 miles on the tank, I'll stop and top up. Wish this bike had a larger capacity tank,

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pedro said:

image.thumb.jpeg.7e0ef01be59a3a208cc4bd1a26d28e6c.jpeg

Doesn’t that make you want to stretch a bike’s legs?

Ubi non accusator, ibi non judex.

That’s Latin for where there are no cops there is no speed limit.

Speed limit is 65, (this is in California - fuckin' lefty, commie,  liberal state that wants to tell you how to do everything),  which is pretty low. I did roughly 85 across all of this. Going too fast and the pig of a bike drinks too much fuel.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

What you getting?

With wind, high speeds and 2 up, I'm getting about 30 mpg. 4 gallon tank so I get 120 miles to a tank.  A bike this big and heavy should have at least a 6 gallon tank.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Earache said:

With wind, high speeds and 2 up, I'm getting about 30 mpg. 4 gallon tank so I get 120 miles to a tank.  A bike this big and heavy should have at least a 6 gallon tank.

I agree that bike is made for cruising long distances in comfort so why the hell is the tank that small and i presume that's 4 US gallons which is only 3.3 UK gallons. I have a 3 gallon tank on my XR400 

41 minutes ago, Earache said:

My bike has a six gallon tank, well, five gallons over here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I agree that bike is made for cruising long distances in comfort so why the hell is the tank that small and i presume that's 4 US gallons which is only 3.3 UK gallons. I have a 3 gallon tank on my XR400 

Exactly. Tiny assed tank on a tour bike makes no sense at all.

• Like 1

Anyway, last night was the reason I came to Vegas in the first place; to see George Lynch play at  a local bar I like here.

Cool place with a HD chopper above the bar. Was waiting on the barmaid's titty to fall out and lay waste to all of the beer bottles on the bar - but it didn't happen....

IMG_2860.jpg

IMG_2863.jpg

IMG_2871.jpg

IMG_2911.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Earache said:

But George didn't disappoint - still one of the best guitarists out there ...

IMG_2895.jpg

IMG_2906.jpg

His health has deteriorated because of that steroid phase he went through.

Just now, XTreme said:

His health has deteriorated because of that steroid phase he went through.

I'm sure. He's pretty small now - no muscles at all really. Really thin legs, etc. But fuck - he's like 70 years old and still alive and playing well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Earache said:

I'm sure. He's pretty small now - no muscles at all really. Really thin legs, etc. But fuck - he's like 70 years old and still alive and playing well.

He's 5 months younger than me! 

Just an unusual drug for a rock musician to fuck themselves up with.

I know when he was on the gear he tried to strangle Don Dokken.........understandable though! :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

On 14/05/2023 at 15:50, Pedro said:

I had to go and google what 4us gallons is in litres. I no longer like the Goldwing.

Join the club. It's criminal to have a tank that small.