Las Vegas and SoCal

Earache

7 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Will it get to the horizon before running out of fuel lol 

This sign was about 40 miles past the previous pic, Not good. But I made it obviously or else I'd still be sitting out there on the side of the road waiting on someone to pass by....

IMG_9489.JPG

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Earache said:

This sign was about 40 miles past the previous pic, Not good. But I made it obviously or else I'd still be sitting out there on the side of the road waiting on someone to pass by....

IMG_9489.JPG

You did the last 20 miles at 40mph didn’t you?

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Pedro said:

How is the range calculation on that thing? 

Ya mean on the dash? I don't even look at that thing - just watch the odometer. I  knew this was a long stretch without fuel stops before I started it as I've done this road many times. So I just took it easy the entire way

• Like 3

Anyway, back to the ride report.

I got up at 4:00 AM to beat it outta Las Vegas - no heat and no traffic. Got up into the mountains of Utah and it cooled off significantly ... 

IMG_2956.JPG

IMG_2955.JPG

IMG_2954.JPG

IMG_2957.JPG

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

Yes, I really rely on mine and it's been good so far.

I watched my odometer - the fuel light came on before I stopped for fuel. Not sure when that comes on - maybe with like 50 miles to go?

Gonna have to sort out an auxiliary tank for that thing - sucks having to calculate the next fuel stop and worrying constantly. 

• Like 3

I wheel into my hotel in Torrey, Utah and find that they've placed me in a room above the laundry. Worst room of the trip and the only one I actually paid for! Cheap at $120 per night.....

IMG_9473.JPG

IMG_9475.JPG

IMG_9477.JPG

IMG_9480.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Next day and it's time to cross the desert (high desert - 6,500' elevation) again. Temps go up a bit but it's still pretty chilly. Scenery has changed once again .. 

IMG_9482.JPG

IMG_9483.JPG

IMG_9485.JPG

IMG_9487.JPG

IMG_9488.JPG

• Like 4