Service Info

Anyone else keep a record of their service info, I created an excel spread sheet to record what I've been doing to each bike but don't always fill it in and stopped putting the cost of stuff in as it was getting scary :classic_laugh:

This is the one for the XR

image.png.a4a749e9d73e06947fa302965cca7f3f.png

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Hand written in a folder. Been doing it for a while so I know when an oil/filter/plug change is due and how long various components have lasted.

Cheers Yen you just reminded me i have no idea the last time i checked the spark plug 👍

• Like 1

Yep, hand written for me as well.  I've never got on well with excell .  This is for my current DR650 ........

IMG_4616.thumb.jpeg.51c9e4f7d80d59da3da7c25f29d0cc53.jpeg

and this is the service folder for my CRF250 Rally ............

IMG_4617.thumb.jpeg.46c3ea37982c5b769953dad6922bfa89.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

Yep, hand written for me as well.  I've never got on well with excell .  This is for my current DR650 ........

IMG_4616.thumb.jpeg.51c9e4f7d80d59da3da7c25f29d0cc53.jpeg

and this is the service folder for my CRF250 Rally ............

IMG_4617.thumb.jpeg.46c3ea37982c5b769953dad6922bfa89.jpeg

I was looking at the info for the dog and it's over £2500 in parts and service items since i bought it and i haven't filled the cost of everything. I only paid £800 for the bike :classic_laugh:

11 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I was looking at the info for the dog and it's over £2500 in parts and service items since i bought it and i haven't filled the cost of everything. I only paid £800 for the bike :classic_laugh:

I keep all my receipts for parts as well but there's no way I'm adding it all up, that would be too frightening .  After I've done another job I always remark to my wife that I've saved £200 in labour charges :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I don’t service the GS, but have a note on my phone and laptop with everything that’s been done since new, with km and dates. Also have a pdf with everything that’s been invoiced.

It’s good to know how many kms you’re doing per year, or how long a tire has been lasting. In my case, I use it mostly to check if the previous service has included spark plugs and valve check.

• Like 3

I keep my records on an app called CarIQ on my phone obviously.   
Got different screens for fuel, servicing and other expenses.   I quite like the app it feeds my inner geek.  

IMG_9986.thumb.png.ca10aa6b8cc42f0bfda951ed96f676a6.png

IMG_9987.thumb.png.2b447ed61b5faa57aa330fa3beb5ed73.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

I just take it to somebody else to do stuff!

I started to keep a record for more of what i'm spending on the bikes and to see how long various makes of tyres and brake pads were lasting as i go through a lot of them and added the regular service stuff to it , but soon found out i was forgetting to fill it in or just couldn't be arsed :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2