Mr jelly head

Russell

Hi, I’m totally new to bikes. In the midst of a marriage break up I’m kind of in the poor house. Lost my cars but still would like to have quick transport other than my van. 
after I gain the necessary licenses, would a 650cc be too much? I am very experienced on the road but not on a bike.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Russell said:

Hi, I’m totally new to bikes. In the midst of a marriage break up I’m kind of in the poor house. Lost my cars but still would like to have quick transport other than my van. 
after I gain the necessary licenses, would a 650cc be too much? I am very experienced on the road but not on a bike.

You will fitted wright in...welcome...check with the user Six30...he's the guy you need to speak to about bikes and vans...

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Russell said:

Welcome, hope that you find what you're looking for.

• Like 1

Hi Russell.....good to see you!

Quite a few of us here have been through the divorce thing over the years.......it's just the way life turns out sometimes.

crazy lady GIF

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Hello Russell, what style of bike do you like ?  How tall are you ?

That's the questions, innit?

If he can flat foot the 650 of choice, then it should be a great starter bike.

• Like 2

Hi Russel,  Ignore the peanut gallery... 😆 you'll learn to sift throught he dross and find some pearls ( you'll need to look hard, but they are there). Bobo neleg's question is the good one, cos a 650 sports bike might be a bit of a handfull for starting out, and yet a 650 cruiser or traily type would be better adapted, so don't stick at cc but horsepower and size. Remember this mantra f your looking for a budget 2nd hand machine;

Cheap and fast won't be reliable

Cheap and reliable won't be fast

Fast and reliable won't be cheap

on top of that, remember that if the deal looks to good to be true, it probably is...

I would advise getting something you can get both feet flat on the ground with, its reassuring for a first bike. add to that something the will retain some resale value so that when you get bored and want something bigger and faster, you can sell it on ( so not italian or chinese).

let us know how you get on and we eill take the piss accordingly 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MooN said:

Hi Russel,  Ignore the peanut gallery... 😆 you'll learn to sift throught he dross and find some pearls ( you'll need to look hard, but they are there). Bobo neleg's question is the good one, cos a 650 sports bike might be a bit of a handfull for starting out, and yet a 650 cruiser or traily type would be better adapted, so don't stick at cc but horsepower and size. Remember this mantra f your looking for a budget 2nd hand machine;

Cheap and fast won't be reliable

Cheap and reliable won't be fast

Fast and reliable won't be cheap

on top of that, remember that if the deal looks to good to be true, it probably is...

I would advise getting something you can get both feet flat on the ground with, its reassuring for a first bike. add to that something the will retain some resale value so that when you get bored and want something bigger and faster, you can sell it on ( so not italian or chinese).

let us know how you get on and we eill take the piss accordingly 👍

Wondering what your motivation is for making lengthy posts to bots Chris? :classic_unsure:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Wondering what your motivation is for making lengthy posts to bots Chris? :classic_unsure:

Let him make new friends!

• Haha 4