BSA Bringing Back Bantam, Lightning, and Thunderbolt Names

Hugh Janus

22 hours ago, XTreme said:

I saw today that the 650 single BSA uses a Rotax engine!

It’s an old Rotax unit with some updates and it is built in India, so it will likely be a pile of shite like your old chink BMW.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Here's a tidy review for you because there's no hope in hell of getting one from @Slowlycatchymonkey :classic_laugh:
Even got a bit for you in there Pete

Is it me or is he trying to sell you one.
I like this bike but I'd have to replace the dominator as the odd bod, so it ain't happening. And I'm skint.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

I like this bike but I'd have to replace the dominator as the odd bod, so it ain't happening. And I'm skint.

I think you should get one, maybe we would see a picture then. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Here's a tidy review for you because there's no hope in hell of getting one from @Slowlycatchymonkey :classic_laugh:
Even got a bit for you in there Pete

Work of art?

And it compares favourably with the RE?

Not setting the bar very high are they?

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

I did get the impression he is being paid for his review, i do think its a good looking bike though

• Like 1

On 19/04/2023 at 21:41, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Ah yes I see what you mean, my bad!

Well yes n no. I genuinely don’t like taking photos. But when I do take a postable pic I often don’t cos it’s often on the Himalayan and I can’t be arsed to listen to it. 

Nuffin’ wrong with a Himalayan. 😜 I’ve had two and I might buy a third just to spark some bitchin’ 😝

AD7640D1-C653-489C-8737-A28F60B87550.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

What else could you compare it with, there's nothing else like it i can think of 

Compare it with any other bikes at that price point......that's the logical way.

How good it is compared to another Indian POS doesn't give buyers much to go on.

For example......the CB500X is at that price point! And it's a big seller! So how does it stack up against that?

We all know the answer to that, but these review guys won't say it because the Dealers won't give them any more bikes to test.

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Compare it with any other bikes at that price point......that's the logical way.

How good it is compared to another Indian POS doesn't give buyers much to go on.

For example......the CB500X is at that price point! And it's a big seller! So how does it stack up against that?

We all know the answer to that, but these review guys won't say it because the Dealers won't give them any more bikes to test.

Compare the CB500 to a Brit replica and it will fail miserably because its nothing like one and it was never designed to be like one, same as the BSA is not meant to be a cheap everyday bike for commuting or compete with any other bike, it stands alone so you cannot compare the BSA to anything else, it's something to ride and enjoy for the bike it is, it either floats your boat or it doesn't,

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Compare the CB500 to a Brit replica and it will fail miserably because its nothing like one and it was never designed to be like one,

The only thing It'll fail miserably at is looking like a Brit replica! I can live with that!

And since when has looking like a Brit replica been a criteria for buying a bike?

Don't people make purchasing decisions based on criteria like value for money, reliability, resale value, parts availability, dealer network etc these days?

Look at this for around the same money.....it's a no-brainer!

https://motos.coches.net/nuevas/suzuki/v__strom_650_abs/2023-en-madrid-8029999.htm

17 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Compare the CB500 to a Brit replica and it will fail miserably because its nothing like one and it was never designed to be like one, same as the BSA is not meant to be a cheap everyday bike for commuting or compete with any other bike, it stands alone so you cannot compare the BSA to anything else, it's something to ride and enjoy for the bike it is, it either floats your boat or it doesn't,

I think that is spot on.   I love the looks and sound of the BSA and would love one if I could have it as a garage queen to come out on sunny days.  But for every day transport you could get a new Hornet for £200 more which is a whole different kettle of fish as everyday transport.   Pay your money and make you choice. I would take pointy practical plastic but it doesn't stop me liking the classic looking retro.  

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, XTreme said:

The only thing It'll fail miserably at is looking like a Brit replica! I can live with that!

And since when has looking like a Brit replica been a criteria for buying a bike?

Don't people making purchasing decisions based on criteria like value for money, reliability, resale value, parts availability, dealer network etc these days?

Look at this for around the same money.....it's a no-brainer!

https://motos.coches.net/nuevas/suzuki/v__strom_650_abs/2023-en-madrid-8029999.htm

Apparently only you Pete :classic_laugh: almost every bike or car I've bought is because i wanted it, didn't give a fuck about what you have stated there. If we all bought bikes based on that criteria there would only be a few models of bikes built and we'd be officially classed as boring fuckers :classic_laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Saul said:

I think that is spot on.   I love the looks and sound of the BSA and would love one if I could have it as a garage queen to come out on sunny days.  But for every day transport you could get a new Hornet for £200 more which is a whole different kettle of fish as everyday transport.   Pay your money and make you choice. I would take pointy practical plastic but it doesn't stop me liking the classic looking retro.  

If i had to commute to work everyday on a bike then something like the CB500 would be my bike of choice i cant see any other bike filling that duty better but if i wanted a leisurely cruise on a twisty country road on a bike with a bit of character i could see thumping around on that BSA would fit the bill nicely  probably never buy one as i'm more into the trail bikes but wouldn't mind a go.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

I'd stick with the Dominator, they are only inceasing in price 👍

• Like 2