BOTM changes from March onwards.

XTreme

Some changes for next month onwards so we can finally end the monthly soap opera surrounding this poll.

1. All photos must be in Landscape format because portrait shots mess up the front page view by lengthening the page to a ridiculous extent. And it makes mobile navigation hard going.
Plus, they're usually ridiculously small......we can display shots at 1500px yet Rich's is only 648px. That means there's huge gaps at either side....and it makes the place look very amateurish. If you want to see your bike on the front page then it's in your interest to get the best shot possible.

2. Any Photo manipulation will result in disqualification of the member for that respective month.

3. Any photos that are entered and found to be old photos will result in disqualification of the member for that respective month.

4. Only ONE pic can be posted.......you have the option to replace the pic if you change your mind later so you've got no need to post multiple ones.

5. @Buckster will be handling BOTM from March on......as he has the technical knowledge to pick up on any irregularities. It goes without saying that there's no point in expecting any flexibility from him.

We want the absolute best pic on the front page (irrespective of bike) to make this place look attractive to new members, So try and do your bit to make that happen.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Six30 said:

bout time the twat done something to help you out.

As you've noticed I'm the one that's always nuking Spammers (3 in the last week) so I'm delegating BOTM to their department.

7 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Don't agree with no 2 there was lengthy debate about it a while ago and it fell in favour of allowing it. 

There's nothing wrong with brightening, or making minor adjustments to a pic........but when it goes to the point that some inner city hellhole is transformed into a scenic paradise then it goes too far.

@Buckster can make the call.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, XTreme said:

There's nothing wrong with brightening, or making minor adjustments to a pic........but when it goes to the point that some inner city hellhole is transformed into a scenic paradise then it goes too far.

@Buckster can make the call.

The man who entered a pic of his bike on the moon..

Season 13 Happy Dance GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I thought BOTM is supposed to be a bit of fun that the members vote on so the pic that the members like best will be on the front page, sorry its all going too serious for me so i shall not be entering from now on

That will save me from banning you.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I thought BOTM is supposed to be a bit of fun that the members vote on so the pic that the members like best will be on the front page, sorry its all going too serious for me so i shall not be entering from now on

And it is still abit of fun so you can still enter, I was just saying that I felt that posting a multitude of different pics effectively asking for input on the best pic was making the process abit one sided.

The rest of it is what Pete has decided

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

That's why I've always stayed away from it, there was often a bit too much of a serious edge to it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, busabeast said:

And it is still abit of fun so you can still enter, I was just saying that I felt that posting a multitude of different pics effectively asking for input on the best pic was making the process abit one sided.

Don't worry yourself about it, the seriousness was always there.

23 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It is! So why should there be a need for anybody to considerably enhance pics?

My point is the members vote on it so it doesn't matter if its Bucksters bike on the moon or  a shit bike in a fantastic scene the members decide what they want on the front page by voting every month, if i want to enhance a photo and its not to someones liking then they don't vote for it just seems simple to me

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, busabeast said:

I must be too easy going because none of that bothers me and if it did i wouldn't vote for that person no matter what photo went up, its not like your going to get any cash or even better a free breakfast for winning :classic_laugh: the way i use the site i never see the front page anyway 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I must be too easy going because none of that bothers me and if it did i wouldn't vote for that person no matter what photo went up, its not like your going to get any cash or even better a free breakfast for winning :classic_laugh: the way i use the site i never see the front page anyway 

You never got the money?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I would photoshop the shit  out of my pics if I knew how to do it .

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Pete pays for my breakfasts all the time, not that he knows it...he thinks it's a bill from the FPM

• Haha 2

On 26/02/2023 at 12:10, XTreme said:

Some changes for next month onwards so we can finally end the monthly soap opera surrounding this poll.

1. All photos must be in Landscape format because portrait shots mess up the front page view by lengthening the page to a ridiculous extent. And it makes mobile navigation hard going.
Plus, they're usually ridiculously small......we can display shots at 1500px yet Rich's is only 648px. That means there's huge gaps at either side....and it makes the place look very amateurish. If you want to see your bike on the front page then it's in your interest to get the best shot possible.

2. Any Photo manipulation will result in disqualification of the member for that respective month.

3. Any photos that are entered and found to be old photos will result in disqualification of the member for that respective month.

4. Only ONE pic can be posted.......you have the option to replace the pic if you change your mind later so you've got no need to post multiple ones.

5. @Buckster will be handling BOTM from March on......as he has the technical knowledge to pick up on any irregularities. It goes without saying that there's no point in expecting any flexibility from him.

We want the absolute best pic on the front page (irrespective of bike) to make this place look attractive to new members, So try and do your bit to make that happen.

Ok, noted.

But, and not wanting to sound macho-machistic or anti/in favour  anything and running the risk of offending someone, if you want to atract more members you need pictures of girls scantily dressed draped over motorcycles!! More of those and numbers will grow exponentially!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sofia said:

Ok, noted.

But, and not wanting to sound macho-machistic or anti/in favour  anything and running the risk of offending someone, if you want to atract more members you need pictures of girls scantily dressed draped over motorcycles!! More of those and numbers will grow exponentially!!

Good idea Sofia!

Would you and @Slowlycatchymonkey be up to getting your kit off? :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3