Kove 450 rally

Sir Fallsalot

59 minutes ago, Six30 said:

like that ... you seen the price though ..... 14000 euros  

Tv Land What GIF by YoungerTV

A kTM Rally is 30 or 35000€. I’m honestly curious to see an honest comparison.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pedro said:

A kTM Rally is 30 or 35000€. I’m honestly curious to see an honest comparison.

more money than sense , or as much sense as money , Rally Replica ... investment buy ?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Six30 said:

more money than sense , or as much sense as money , Rally Replica ... investment buy ?

People who buy them race them. It’s a 70hp 450cc that lasts two Dakars before a rebuild, all that suspension, and probably assembled by hand in low numbers. It’s not difficult to see where the money goes.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Well well well, it was bound to happen but I wouldn’t have expected such a leap or so quickly. Pete will be all over that 😆

Part with my Honda? Not a hope!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

A mate of mine has just ordered one but imo unless you're doing Rally's then it's just overkill for UK trails

elmo-sesame-street.gif.1ef18ca93713779f009e83bb01e70cd1.gif

Just dandy for further south, way further south

• Like 2

I had a sit on an AJP once. Wanted to like it but it just felt like something I’d be begging to climb down of after an hour.

surely in the real world they must be similar? This Kove does look to be a lot better made though, and more braap?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Says the guy living in the UK with a rally :classic_laugh:

True Fred but we all know that the Honda would never cut it as a rally bike :classic_laugh:  This bike looks like an out and out race bike and you know more than anyone all that stuff gets in the way when your riding UK trails (they are not usually wide and open) .

The only reason I have the Rally rather than the CRF250L is that you get that bit of protection for road journeys (I've been to France twice on it) and that makes it a lot more comfortable than the 'L'  on a long journey.

I personally think they will sell loads of them if the reliabilty and spares back up is as good as KTM and all it's clones .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

True Fred but we all know that the Honda would never cut it as a rally bike :classic_laugh:  This bike looks like an out and out race bike and you know more than anyone all that stuff gets in the way when your riding UK trails (they are not usually wide and open) .

The only reason I have the Rally rather than the CRF250L is that you get that bit of protection for road journeys (I've been to France twice on it) and that makes it a lot more comfortable than the 'L'  on a long journey.

I personally think they will sell loads of them if the reliabilty and spares back up is as good as KTM and all it's clones .

I'm thinking of duel sport riding tearing through the back roads with a bit of dirt thrown in, i want a go on one because if the fueling is anything like my mates CRF450rx they can keep it but i'm buying with my eyes at the moment i like what i see LOL

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Fuck that, if they sell parts through amazon there will be plenty of people willing to give up KTMs sorry excuse for a warranty on the big bikes, and be way better in places with plenty of capable dirtbike oriented mechanics but no dealerships.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I'm thinking of duel sport riding tearing through the back roads with a bit of dirt thrown in, i want a go on one because if the fueling is anything like my mates CRF450rx they can keep it but i'm buying with my eyes at the moment i like what i see LOL

It could be the perfect bike to ride across France (doing some TET sections) and down to the Pyrenees 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

It could be the perfect bike to ride across France (doing some TET sections) and down to the Pyrenees 👍

Or…

959CB3EB-8D34-48BF-AEE3-C4697A5FB37B.thumb.jpeg.9254a37b120fefcd0e754ff91ff8f43d.jpeg

to be honest the distance might be a pain on it compared to a big bike, no?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Fuck that, if they sell parts through amazon there will be plenty of people willing to give up KTMs sorry excuse for a warranty on the big bikes, and be way better in places with plenty of capable dirtbike oriented mechanics but no dealerships.

Interesting you say that.  My Honda is built in Thailand and I have just received (this morning) a sumpguard and air filter from Thailand , genuine Honda parts exactly the same as you would buy from any dealer in UK.  Admittedly they took 12 days to get here and the shipping was £25.42 but here's the rub.............

The sumpguard cost £16.04 and the air filter was £7.28, now I'll give you the prices for exactly the same parts with Honda part numbers from any Honda UK dealer,  £107.74 and £26.74 😙

IMG_4063.thumb.jpeg.275f81d00a2a4f46c95240687ecd0a6d.jpeg

• Like 3