Your Day Today!

XTreme

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Already taken care of that boring crap. 

What are they going to do with it? Sellit for scrap,  it’s bastid heavy must be worth a bob or two?!

They have two deep window recesses in the living room, would look great there. 

It would look better opening the windows and chucking  it out one of em 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Buckster said:

That’s as ugly as you.

It pales into insignificance compared to the uglness of your barge and trailer though .........

chuckle-brothers.gif.4b67939e36f3083a5edbde1fb219f32f.gif

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Just paid Paco for the electric and water that was owed on the flat up to 11th May.....€250.

Finally the slate is wiped clean

You mug 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 19/05/2023 at 10:25, XTreme said:

Here's something that may be of interest to you Yen.

When they did a hole somewhere here, they always get an audience of locals that just stand around the hole and watch them work.

They'll stand there for hours just looking in the hole!

Confused Trailer Park Boys GIF

The unions would be straight on to that and nip it in the bud, that's my job that is!

• Haha 5

This is mad weather......24 hours of torrential rain, now the temps have dropped!

We've just had to put the electric radiators on......and it's the last week of May! :classic_ohmy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just back from a few days away. Back to work (on site) tomorrow and my paid for fork seal cleaner had arrived whilst I was away. As I said before, my home made one didn't really sort the leak, just reduced it a bit so I paid out for the Sealmate.

The bike was already up in the air with the dust seal pulled down from before I went away so I have just been out and had a scrape. First attempt wasn't too good, I really struggled to slide the thing around. Then I removed the mudguard to give a bit more room and it all got easier. The trick is to get the bit of hook ended plastic shoved up past the seal, wrap a cloth around the bottom part and squeeze really hard and then just twist your hand around the fork leg. Went round three times then wiped off the film of oil that had run down whilst using it. Then I was bouncing the forks up and down till no more oil appeared, which took about 3 x 10 goes till it stayed clean. refitted the dust seal and put the fork cover and mud guard back on. I'll see how that is by the time I get to work tomorrow.

Whilst away I called into a very small village to look inside this cupboard which is in the church there. There was nobody else there, had the place to myself, no signs saying what is there either. The square section between the grooved pillars opens completely up. What is inside to be revealed in a future write up.

image.png.809b015e88e675d769746cd0159af378.png

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Just back from a few days away. Back to work (on site) tomorrow and my paid for fork seal cleaner had arrived whilst I was away. As I said before, my home made one didn't really sort the leak, just reduced it a bit so I paid out for the Sealmate.

The bike was already up in the air with the dust seal pulled down from before I went away so I have just been out and had a scrape. First attempt wasn't too good, I really struggled to slide the thing around. Then I removed the mudguard to give a bit more room and it all got easier. The trick is to get the bit of hook ended plastic shoved up past the seal, wrap a cloth around the bottom part and squeeze really hard and then just twist your hand around the fork leg. Went round three times then wiped off the film of oil that had run down whilst using it. Then I was bouncing the forks up and down till no more oil appeared, which took about 3 x 10 goes till it stayed clean. refitted the dust seal and put the fork cover and mud guard back on. I'll see how that is by the time I get to work tomorrow.

Whilst away I called into a very small village to look inside this cupboard which is in the church there. There was nobody else there, had the place to myself, no signs saying what is there either. The square section between the grooved pillars opens completely up. What is inside to be revealed in a future write up.

Spoiler alert 

E938B1E5-41B8-4326-9A7D-7B91E84A720C.gif.cdc2718083712a6c7a5f0f33018521f1.gif

• Haha 5

Got to do 6 replacement sites for a client......so I'm going to be working flat out for the next few weeks!

I'm fine with that as I've got to pull a load of dosh back with all the recent outgoings we've had!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yen_powell said:

It’s stationary isn’t it ✏️ 

• Haha 2

UPDATE

Picking bike up this morning. Apparently fault on throttle assembly- two historical ones, not current. Also fault on exhaust flap valve, three Exup type thing, and a couple of slightly corroded connections that they cleaned up. Said if it happens again they’d need to change the throttle assembly. Doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence. 
My brother is going to run me down to collect it in the next hour or so. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

When you lose confidence in a bike that's it!

Too true. Riding home just felt that everything was off with the bike. Noisy engine, some other noise that turned out to be my visor, bike wandering, and on and on. A simple case of paranoia I imagine but at least it makes me feel better about a change! 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Specs said:

Too true. Riding home just felt that everything was off with the bike. Noisy engine, some other noise that turned out to be my visor, bike wandering, and on and on. A simple case of paranoia I imagine but at least it makes me feel better about a change! 

Join the gang Alan!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Join the gang Alan!

Not so far off the mark! Used to nick my father’s C50 to go down to the pub with my mate on the back. We were fifteen and eventually got caught and made an appearance in juvenile court. I had endorsements before I even had a licence! 😂

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, Specs said:

Not so far off the mark! Used to nick my father’s C50 to go down to the pub with my mate on the back. We were fifteen and eventually got caught and made an appearance in juvenile court. I had endorsements before I even had a licence! 😂

That's 2 of us then.:classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, XTreme said:

When you lose confidence in a bike that's it!

when that happens i sell it fast like my zephyr 550 it rode like a gyroscope 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Just watching a bit of ‘The Two Fat Ladies’ and notice Clarissa isn’t wearing a lid.

If you’re a sidecar passenger you don’t have to wear one?

No you don't. But your pillion and the rider has to.

• Like 2