Your Day Today!

XTreme

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

What you need to do is get your missus interested in something so you can drop her off 

Get her out of the bungalow! (Apart from our weekly hour to Asda).....only place she will go is to her sisters.....she has no interests that mean leaving the bungalow.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Clive said:

Get her out of the bungalow! (Apart from our weekly hour to Asda).....only place she will go is to her sisters.....she has no interests that mean leaving the bungalow.

What about bingo,every old Doris loves the bingo

• Haha 1

She stopped going years ago, when they pulled the Gala bingo hall down and built a Travelodge in its place, the one remaining bingo hall is crap, very low prize money,  she went a few times, but did not like the place........after that she took to being a hermit. 😂 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Now I'm not an expert of these matters but wouldn't vessel be better employed in Dover rather than the Fowey estuary  :classic_blink:

Too busy catching those naughty fisherman not sticking to their quotas.     

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Jesus, how on earth did her leg end up in there :classic_ohmy:

This is what she said 
Some of you are asking how it possible. Well, my motorbike went down, and when it was falling down, I put my foot on the ground and everything would be good, but… I didn’t let go the handlebar. One wrong move, I pulled the throttle and voila.

They got her foot out by cutting her boot and some of the spokes on the wheel 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

What you need to do is get your missus interested in something so you can drop her off and have some Clive time, even if its just for a quiet wank.

I’ve never managed that………..having a quiet wank.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Clive said:

She stopped going years ago, when they pulled the Gala bingo hall down and built a Travelodge in its place, the one remaining bingo hall is crap, very low prize money,  she went a few times, but did not like the place........after that she took to being a hermit. 😂 

She plays online bingo occasionally.......wins a bit every now and then.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Didn't happen on the board!

Votes are based on their activity here......not in work.

But I think this could well change that, its a definite ploy for the title.

All those in favour say aye

• Like 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Didn't happen on the board!

Votes are based on their activity here......not in work.

Piss off... you've put it on the board so it counts you weirdo

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Clive said:

you dont have to be a hermit cause she chooses to be.

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

Frustrated Ryan Gosling GIF

I have my reasons for going along with a quiet life, some personal, some financial, but a quiet life is preferable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

What's your personal circumstances?

How many wives......how many kids etc?

Or is that secret as well?

im just a happy go lucky ray of fucking sunshine.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Six30 said:

im just a happy go lucky ray of fucking sunshine.

I suspect you of being some sort of Secret Agent!

Or maybe you're living under a Witness Protection Program?

What you say @Clive?

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, XTreme said:

What you say @Clive?

I think he is a Tory councillor........that's how he get his contracts for the river widening company...no wonder he is worth a fortune. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

What you say @Clive?

Member of a criminal family most likely.

• Haha 3

Bought a new shaft that arrived yesterday.

BMW was not a nice company to it’s dealers, dealers earn a percentage of the parts value when they replace them free of cost to the consumer, so when BMW started it’s campaign of replacing shafts free of charge they reduced the cost of the part from close to 1000€ to 120€+vat, obviously shafting their dealers who now earn much lower on those thousands of free maintenance they’re doing.

Me, who had one of those free parts fitted chose to take advantage of the current and probably temporary lower cost of parts and have now got a new original shaft for 150€, good for lubing up and keeping for when my bike finally needs another one, probably close to 200.000km.

Happy about that, happy like a man with two shafts 

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Pedro said:

BMW was not a nice company to it’s dealers, dealers earn a percentage of the parts value when they replace them free of cost to the consumer, so when BMW started it’s campaign of replacing shafts free of charge they reduced the cost of the part from close to 1000€ to 120€+vat, obviously shafting their dealers who now earn much lower on those thousands of free maintenance they’re doing.

Me, who had one of those free parts fitted chose to take advantage of the current and probably temporary lower cost of parts and have now got a new original shaft for 150€, good for lubing up and keeping for when my bike finally needs another one, probably close to 200.000km.

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF

Great price Pedro!

Is that prompted by them trying to salvage their reputation?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF

It seems you are spending a lot of time handling shafts ever since your trip to Morocco.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Buckster said:

It seems you are spending a lot of time handling shafts ever since your trip to Morocco.

They're all mine though, got the invoices to prove it :classic_ninja:

41 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Great price Pedro!

Is that prompted by them trying to salvage their reputation?

Show me a brand that actually cares about their consumers and proper after sales assistance though, japanese parts cost and supply after a few years is a joke as well as their warranties. What happened with the shafts is that BMW were selling shafts as not being a serviceable item that lasts the life of the bike, when in reality that is clearly not the case. They took the serviceability out of the part to probably make it cheaper while at the same time taking a lot of the service it was needed on previous generations, but then bikes started getting abused with river crossings and inadequate pressure washing, and on top of that there was a design flaw that meant that water getting into the casing would no longer get out, causing a lot of corrosion issues. When a big part of the water-cooled 1200s started getting to high miles or long enough lifespan a lot of bikes were needing maintenance and BMW now wanted owners to pay up for what "suddenly" became a routine replacement part, that caused a lot of complaints and thus a scheme started in which they would inspect shafts for wear and corrosion and replace them at no cost when needed, on bikes with more than a certain mileage they'd replace them anyway as really they should be replaced at an average of 100.000km.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Pedro said:

They're all mine though, got the invoices to prove it :classic_ninja:

Show me a brand that actually cares about their consumers and proper after sales assistance though, japanese parts cost and supply after a few years is a joke as well as their warranties. What happened with the shafts is that BMW were selling shafts as not being a serviceable item that lasts the life of the bike, when in reality that is clearly not the case. They took the serviceability out of the part to probably make it cheaper while at the same time taking a lot of the service it was needed on previous generations, but then bikes started getting abused with river crossings and inadequate pressure washing, and on top of that there was a design flaw that meant that water getting into the casing would no longer get out, causing a lot of corrosion issues. When a big part of the water-cooled 1200s started getting to high miles or long enough lifespan a lot of bikes were needing maintenance and BMW now wanted owners to pay up for what "suddenly" became a routine replacement part, that caused a lot of complaints and thus a scheme started in which they would inspect shafts for wear and corrosion and replace them at no cost when needed, on bikes with more than a certain mileage they'd replace them anyway as really they should be replaced at an average of 100.000km.

As far as customer service goes, BMW have always been a step above the rest.

But considering the prices they should be.