The Real Truth about the CB500X

XTreme

Prior to the unforeseen circumstances on our run, @Skippy gave the CB a test ride!

Now as you know, I've raved about this thing since I had it........and taken relentless abuse about it! This certainly seems the bike that some of you love to hate! No idea why!

So I asked Ray if he wanted to test it out and give his opinion.......after all, he's similar age, stature, and riding experience.

Have I been making false claims about it to justify my purchase? Find out the truth! Turn up the volume!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Prior to the unforeseen circumstances on our run, @Skippy gave the CB a test ride!

Now as you know, I've raved about this thing since I had it........and taken relentless abuse about it! This certainly seems the bike that some of you love to hate! No idea why!

So I asked Ray if he wanted to test it out and give his opinion.......after all, he's similar age, stature, and riding experience.

Have I been making false claims about it to justify my purchase? Find out the truth! Turn up the volume!

did you have a bunch of midget dago bummers standing round you with their pants round their ankles just staring at ray ready to pounce if he didn’t say what you told him 

• Haha 5

Holyshit you guys sound funny... Is that they call hillbilly English in your parts... We have those around here has well... But they mostly live in the woods.... Im sure there's some insest going on but I'm not sure... What I know for sure is that they all look alike... 

I still don't know what your going on about the CB 500....I'm sure it would make a nice in town commuter.... There's no way in my mind I could stand that thing on a multi day ride... Doing 500 plus km days... We have different types of roads and sometimes we need to run on highways to get to piont a to b.... At speeds of 120 kph...and overtake transport trucks.... The ktm 1290 is just purring at those speeds... Your would be winning at almost the redline..... It would be alright I guess if you were riding with a bunch of mopeds... 

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Marcel said:

At speeds of 120 kph...and overtake transport trucks.... The ktm 1290 is just purring at those speeds... Your would be winning at almost the redline

We do have motorways and trucks here Marcel!

120kph is 5750 revs with a redline of 10K.......and it'll accelerate from that no problem at all.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

So you think a busa is too much, I see that more likely that as you have got to your old age you're reflexes aren't what they used to be and you can't handle it, I'd be able to ride whatever on those roads and still live to tell the tale but we aren't all to the same standard I guess... I mean we do have a few harley riders on here don't we....and that says it all.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Watch out Ray, he's just trying to entice you into that abandoned building across the road   :classic_unsure:

midget-dance.gif.48db243db21ec24f18267f91fdaf3ebf.gif

She looks familiar?She looks familiar?

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Richzx6r said:

So you think a busa is too much, I see that more likely that as you have got to your old age you're reflexes aren't what they used to be and you can't handle it, I'd be able to ride whatever on those roads and still live to tell the tale but we aren't all to the same standard I guess... I mean we do have a few harley riders on here don't we....and that says it all.

Gotta love a Hayabusa 😜 But you’re right, it’s an age thing now! That’s me, when I bounced a whole lot better than I do now, going round Donnington Park on a track day. What was I thinking of?

C89FCA62-1CE9-40E3-AB6A-0C9D79A96C29.jpeg

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Gotta love a Hayabusa 😜 But you’re right, it’s an age thing now! That’s me, when I bounced a whole lot better than I do now, going round Donnington Park on a track day. What was I thinking of?

C89FCA62-1CE9-40E3-AB6A-0C9D79A96C29.jpeg

A gen 1.

What we're you're thoughts on it, what was it like to live with?

Pros and cons if you would be so kind ray

11 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

A gen 1.

What we're you're thoughts on it, what was it like to live with?

Pros and cons if you would be so kind ray

To be honest, it was one of my most favourite bikes and I’ve had a lot of them. I found I could load it up with the Mrs and luggage and blast off to Europe. It was ballistically fast but easy to ride slow too.

It was a real feel good bike and if I win the lottery I will buy another one just keep in the garage and take it out when the mood takes me.

• Like 5

When the  Hayabusa first hit the showrooms there was a demonstrator in motorcycle world in Talbot Green close to me, i had bought a few bikes off the prick there so thought i'd see if i could get a test ride but he said he wouldn't let me go out on it unless i was buying it and done all the paperwork upfront and then the last thing would be a test ride. When i asked why he said people were taking it out just to do the top speed on it which is what i had planned LOL and he had the police phoning him almost every time it went out to say his demonstrator had just done a runner again :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

53 minutes ago, Skippy said:

To be honest, it was one of my most favourite bikes and I’ve had a lot of them. I found I could load it up with the Mrs and luggage and blast off to Europe. It was ballistically fast but easy to ride slow too.

It was a real feel good bike and if I win the lottery I will buy another one just keep in the garage and take it out when the mood takes me.

This is why I is close to the top of my list I not the front runner, due to it being able to do everything I would need of it.....but there are still others on the list that also tick the right boxes for my current needs 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

When the  Hayabusa first hit the showrooms there was a demonstrator in motorcycle world in Talbot Green close to me, i had bought a few bikes off the prick there so thought i'd see if i could get a test ride but he said he wouldn't let me go out on it unless i was buying it and done all the paperwork upfront and then the last thing would be a test ride. When i asked why he said people were taking it out just to do the top speed on it which is what i had planned LOL and he had the police phoning him almost every time it went out to say his demonstrated had just done a runner again :classic_laugh:

I’ve had two over the years but the first one I bought was when I took my first TL1000S into my mate’s shop for a service and he always let me take a bike out for a few hours.

Now, I’d had a real assortment of bikes as a loan bike from him over the years but taking that Busa out was off the scale. I spent the first hour trying to calibrate my brain to the acceleratorion, the second hour muttering to myself “why on earth would anyone need this kind of power?” and the third and final hour telling myself that in no account was I going to buy one.

I’d been back in the shop for a minute before I ordered one. They are that kind of bike. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Pair of fucking fruits, there is some Broke Back Mountain shit going on there.

mountain GIF

Fly zipper broke... And a tour of some waste land with no one around..... I think there was some serious rectal stretching going on.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Here we go @Skippy......the Harley gayboys are off again!

Next thing they'll start insisting I'm ginger and about 5'2".

Star Trek Reaction GIF

They’re afraid to try it because they know they like it. 😜💋💋💋💋💋

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Skippy said:

I’ve had two over the years but the first one I bought was when I took my first TL1000S into my mate’s shop for a service and he always let me take a bike out for a few hours.

Now, I’d had a real assortment of bikes as a loan bike from him over the years but taking that Busa out was off the scale. I spent the first hour trying to calibrate my brain to the acceleratorion, the second hour muttering to myself “why on earth would anyone need this kind of power?” and the third and final hour telling myself that in no account was I going to buy one.

I’d been back in the shop for a minute before I ordered one. They are that kind of bike. 🤣

Season 1 GIF by Carnival Row

• Like 1