2022 ktm 1290 s.

Marcel le Moose Fondler

Just so you know, such things don’t happen with a BMW, in fact, my bike will have a new shaft drive fitted for free later in October, as will all bikes (at least here) after a free inspection or if they’re over some mileage which mine is. 

I was going to take it out and probably replace anyway at 100.000 or 120.000km, so was happy they thought of me.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pedro said:

There’s someone here apart from me and Specs that has a water cooled GS isn’t there?

I'm sure Specs got a new engine from them and he only had pitted casings or something.

Anyway, I told him about the driveshaft thing they're doing, but was thinking there's someone else I forgot about. 

The thing about BMW is that (as will most brands, even more if Japanese) you need a nice dealership, and I think most dealerships here are good to their clients. My mechanic (who works as a consultant to a main dealer) told me to call them and ask, as soon as I told them about the mileage we just set a date for the replacement and that's it.

My bike has had two things changed in warranty: the small reinforcement to the   front forks stallions which is nothing more than a machined cap fitted to the top of the forks and would have never needed them, and the handlebar buttons where you change information on the left hand. That button would stick sometimes, and when I took it in they changed that and the one on the right hand too just because I hinted the warranty was running out. Cool people!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Here's what the ktm Rep said to the service department.... My fix is good enough for ktm it seems... I should be a ktm Tec... 

Screenshot_20220922_183623_com.android.email.jpg

Basically, he's saying you were foolish by driving it half a continent away to them since you stopped the leak before. 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'd go so far as to say he thinks Marcel is a fucking dull cunt!

Rooster Teeth Reaction GIF by Achievement Hunter

Oh ya Polish boy..... I've only been gone a few days and it seems like the place is falling apart already... 

Proud Of You Yes GIF

• Haha 2

On 14/09/2022 at 19:29, Marcel said:

Well I got three calls from the ktm service department yesterday... Seems they can't located the coolant leak... Like I told them I double clamp it to stop the leak so I could ride the frigen thing over the summer... So I email this to them this morning... 

Like I told them... I'm not to keen of having a part fyled down and re painted... I want a new housing installed on the bike... 

Screenshot_20220914_054930_com.android.chrome.jpg

Pink coolant and you call Pete  gay.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Marcel said:

Tinkler... What kind of last name is that..... I believe he should be working for Honda with a name like that... 

Gay Lgbt GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Same name as our local, (Norwich) Yamaha dealer.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Marcel said:

Ya kinda sounds like that... Haha. 

And considering you must be a competent mechanic, you could probably take the pump off, file it, paint it, and put it back together better than they can in less time than it takes you to drive the bike there and back…

and save the diesel money 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

And considering you must be a competent mechanic, you could probably take the pump off, file it, paint it, and put it back together better than they can in less time than it takes you to drive the bike there and back…

and save the diesel money 

It's just a question of principle Pedro... For sure I could probably fix it myself and do a better job that the young guys working there... It's warranty... Fix the fucken thing... 

And I'm loaded Pedro... So fuel isn't a worry to me.. Lol. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tym said:

@Tammy could fix it. If she wanted too, not sure she would want to...lol

She wouldn't qwalify to work on this highly sufiticated piece of machinery... No need to remind you Tym... This is a ktm 1290.... Not a ditch pump motor like the klr. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Marcel said:

She wouldn't qwalify to work on this highly sufiticated piece of machinery... No need to remind you Tym... This is a ktm 1290.... Not a ditch pump motor like the klr. 

@Tammy

49 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Keep it mind Tym... You have and engine that weight about the same has your klr and the other pumps out like 5 times the horse power.... 

Ive been on motorcycles since 1972 fuck off.