Jury Duty

Tym

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Surely they don't expect people to travel that far and put you up nearby?

I think he can claim travel expenses, but probably not accommodation. No idea how they work out travel costs. I'd be more worried about being late, more chance of a problem with the roads over that sort of a distance, especially in October when the clocks change.

Plus of course, you can be sent home early or even straight away some days because they don't need you, that'd be annoying after you'd driven or got the train all that way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yen_powell said:

I think he can claim travel expenses, but probably not accommodation. No idea how they work out travel costs. I'd be more worried about being late, more chance of a problem with the roads over that sort of a distance, especially in October when the clocks change.

Plus of course, you can be sent home early or even straight away some days because they don't need you, that'd be annoying after you'd driven or got the train all that way.

If I lived that far away I'd ask to defer, they often never call back, no loss of earnings no squabbling over parking n petrol, no traffic queues. 

1 hour ago, yen_powell said:

This is what i'm allowed to claim
1.thumb.jpeg.efab420840253fc27e5e8e52ff1f4723.jpeg

2.thumb.jpeg.0c27afc86fd80c270cfdaa74cf65eefc.jpeg

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

What pisses me off is i'm being forced to do this to help them, i should be paid my basic wage plus travelling at least as compensation

Didn't think you could claim compensation for being on the Dock, I'd say its jail time for you 😉 

• Haha 4

When I did it I made money, only did a week but stayed off work for the second week on the profits. That's because I was very badly paid at the time though.

Idiot that I was I thought I would not get chosen during selection as they wouldn't want a long haired scruff in a leather jacket. How wrong I was, it's the neat and tidy people in suits they try and get rid of during selection.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yen_powell said:

When I did it I made money, only did a week but stayed off work for the second week on the profits. That's because I was very badly paid at the time though.

Idiot that I was I thought I would not get chosen during selection as they wouldn't want a long haired scruff in a leather jacket. How wrong I was, it's the neat and tidy people in suits they try and get rid of during selection.

They've probably kept it at the same amount, you just cant buy fuck all with it now 😆

• Like 1

Seems like such a little sacrifice, jury duty, one promise was made to me, a jury of my peers to judge me, might not seem important, until you are the one, being judged. :wave:

• Like 1

Just now, Tym said:

Seems like such a little sacrifice, jury duty, one promise was made to me, a jury of my peers to judge me, might not seem important, until you are the one, being judged. :wave:

True, its is a civic duty but if you're going to be left seriously out of pocket (especially considering what's on the horizon cost of living wise) its no joke. A lot of people cant afford to lose two weeks wages.

I'm currently exempt because the emergency Covid medical register hasn't closed yet, it'll be sods law I get summoned when it shuts end of September 😆

• Like 1

I think it's still the best chance of a fair trial.

In the middle ages the jury had to know you (I know him m'lud, he's a lying fucker he is, so we say guilty whatever the evidence), nowadays it's the opposite.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

I think it's still the best chance of a fair trial.

In the middle ages the jury had to know you (I know him m'lud, he's a lying fucker he is, so we say guilty whatever the evidence), nowadays it's the opposite.

One whiff of your underkaks and they will excuse you.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

True, its is a civic duty but if you're going to be left seriously out of pocket (especially considering what's on the horizon cost of living wise) its no joke.

Based on my income if i get chosen for jury duty their $50 a day will put me over my monthly income limimit for my health insurance plan, so i;ll lose all health overage if they pick me for a jury.

Top that one for sacrifice....cant wait to tell them to see what they do.

😃

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tym said:

Based on my income if i get chosen for jury duty their $50 a day will put me over my monthly income limimit for my health insurance plan, so i;ll lose all health overage if they pick me for a jury.

Top that one for sacrifice....cant wait to tell them to see what they do.

😃

That’ll be interesting 🧐 

• Thanks 1