Breakfast and Prison

Slowlycatchymonkey

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

The words Shepton Mallet brings back some great memories for me, we used to go to a motorcycle rally there many many years ago. One year everyone encourage one of the girls with us to enter the wet T shirt competition so she did and a fine pair they were, but in a sad turn of events the people who encouraged her then started slagging her off for doing it i couldn't believe it bunch of dicks is what i told them, anyway since then she's been known as Shepton Mallet Sian 

Hypocrites. Good on ya for saying something. 

9 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Hypocrites. Good on ya for saying something. 

Most of them were her female friends who encouraged and slagged her off, i think they all got jealous because of the attention she got afterwards from all the guys :classic_laugh:

27 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

@Slowlycatchymonkey i read somewhere you were in the market for new gloves and I've found this supplier that designs gloves specifically for the livewire
https://www.powerandcables.com/product/electrical-safety/insulating-gloves-lv-mv-hv-11kv-33kv-gloves/

Theres a pair included with the user manual along with some galoshes. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Most of them were her female friends who encouraged and slagged her off, i think they all got jealous because of the attention she got afterwards from all the guys :classic_laugh:

Oh god theres nothing more vicious than a group of women ganging up to bring the competition down... sigh.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Actually thats a crappy thing about the Livewire- no manual, apparently its all online.

The Beta came with a memory stick with the manual on it and i was and still am amazed how many people are asking stupid questions that is simple to see in the manual if they care to open it 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Only on the other side of the Mendips so not a lot of hassle if you want to go one day 👍

The lack of humanity is felt throughout. 

Dodgy topic but the way we currently treat prisoners in the UK isn’t much better, it leads to an over 50% reoffending rate. In Norway it’s 20%. Our desire “to make people pay” means every does, the tax payer and everyone around them they impact as they repeat offend. 

A judge in Norway 2019 refused to extradite a man due to our prisons being “inhumane” 

Last year they were reporting 3/4s of prisoners were locked in for 23hrs a day- a recipe for madness if there ever was one. 

There are many great examples of better ways to do it in other countries but being seen to be “tough on crime” is such a political football we stick with the same broken system. 

Think lack of money and staff is why the prisoners are in lock up. As for the petty thief, what they learn with each other is why they reoffend.

1 minute ago, Catteeclan said:

Think lack of money and staff is why the prisoners are in lock up. As for the petty thief, what they learn with each other is why they reoffend.

Yer that was the damning conclusion from a prison governor who followed up the outcomes of his inmates. They leave without employable skills or a pathway back into society and a few new undesirable skills learnt from each other. 

10 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yer that was the damning conclusion from a prison governor who followed up the outcomes of his inmates. They leave without employable skills or a pathway back into society and a few new undesirable skills learnt from each other. 

I find some time spent in the electric chair stops everyone reoffending :classic_laugh: 

• Haha 2