Your Plate.

Slowlycatchymonkey

• 2 weeks later...

Steak and kidney pie. The filling was my best work yet and has completely converted my steak and kidney hating son. The pastry was ok but not sterling. Using flat iron steak (chuck steak to those of us old enough not to be fooled by a rebrand) rather than bog standard stewing steak was worth every penny.

Will do a cobbler top next time, yes yes I said cobbler not gobbler. Made apple crumble for pud but peeps are to full for that at the moment. Small amount of mash for me as the pie was plenty enough on it’s own.

IMG_1342.thumb.jpeg.c8431e61feb80f2ebcdc48b9599c73b2.jpeg

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Steak and kidney pie. The filling was my best work yet and has completely converted my steak and kidney hating son. The pastry was ok but not sterling. Using flat iron steak (chuck steak to those of us old enough not to fooled by a rebrand) rather than bog standard stewing steak was worth every penny.

Will do a cobbler top next time, yes yes I said cobbler not gobbler. Made apple crumble for pud but peeps are to full for that at the moment. Small amount of mash for me as the pie was plenty enough on it’s own.

IMG_1342.thumb.jpeg.c8431e61feb80f2ebcdc48b9599c73b2.jpeg

Very nice!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, skyrider said:

king prawn bhiriani

No I got a chicken balti but when I had some it was blow my bollocks off so I decided on a korma, not that i ate more than 2 or 3 mouthfuls of either, my appetite really is down the swanny at the moment 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, busabeast said:

No I got a chicken balti but when I had some it was blow my bollocks off so I decided on a korma, not that i ate more than 2 or 3 mouthfuls of either, my appetite really is down the swanny at the moment 

Chest infections will do that. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

We're getting an Indian tonight neither of us can be bothered to cook

Came close to getting a takeaway but there was some ox cheek and ox tail shouting at me from the meat counter so had to do it justice. 

IMG_1379.thumb.jpeg.5e4719f7b81e3641ac533cdeaa761c1f.jpeg

IMG_1382.thumb.jpeg.a7fd6c18607f556b5546983ff914d4b0.jpeg

Served it with a creme fraiche sauce I soured with some fresh lemon and flavoured with super strong horseradish to cut through the richness. Baked some bread (no pic soz) and rolled out the carpet with some lovely unpasteurised Normandy butter.

IMG_1388.thumb.jpeg.52bb0a94e063994419f6aa000b1c004c.jpeg

I’m thinking my demented mother might enjoy it, it has that old school thing going on, I can imagine her mum making it for her. 

Although probably good and bland without the sweet smoked paprika, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and honey 😂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I’m thinking my demented mother might enjoy it, it has that old school thing going on, I can imagine her mum making it for her. 

Although probably good and bland without the sweet smoked paprika, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, deadly nightshade and honey 😂

That's nice of you but an odd recipe 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

That's nice of you but an odd recipe 

It’s pretty traditional really. Just the sweet and sour of old like cider vinegar and salt is balsamic and soy.  You can’t pick up on it, its just better at making meat taste meatier. More unami.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

It’s pretty traditional really. Just the sweet and sour of old like cider vinegar and salt is balsamic and soy.  You can’t pick up on it, its just better at making meat taste meatier. More unami.

You didn't read my edit did you LOL

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Nope...Indian.. Pakistan.. korean...Russian...to many to list....but I did try Chinese on a few occasions but after doing some research to see what they eat...I stopped ....

Nothing wrong with a bat chow mein, or some meow meow stir fry

• Haha 3