Fourth Weekend in July!

XTreme

And it's looking brutal here!

1073919294_Screenshot2022-07-22100037.jpg.cdd33059e5ab70cd9b69a137c5c2e973.jpg

Unless I can get out really early, which is unlikely because we have to feed the horses, I won't be doing much!

Never known a year when so many different things have contributed to sidelining me: Shit weather, then waiting to part ex the 650, then the fucked 1200, and now a fucking wall of heat!

Staring Episode 2 GIF by The Office

Oh well......I got some work to clear so I guess that's going to be the highpoint of my wipeout weekend!

Ugh Frustrated GIF by Equipe de France de Football

What are you lot doing......other than fucking trolling me?

Forecast for Saturday 23c and cloudy......Sunday 24c with rain.

It nice to be able to go out in the car without doing this.

Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tym said:

Showing off like usual. Peeple like to stare might as well give them a good show. 🤪

Do they throw chicken bones at you?

Asking For A Friend GIF by MARK VOMIT

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, XTreme said:

And it's looking brutal here!

1073919294_Screenshot2022-07-22100037.jpg.cdd33059e5ab70cd9b69a137c5c2e973.jpg

Unless I can get out really early, which is unlikely because we have to feed the horses, I won't be doing much!

Never known a year when so many different things have contributed to sidelining me: Shit weather, then waiting to part ex the 650, then the fucked 1200, and now a fucking wall of heat!

Staring Episode 2 GIF by The Office

Oh well......I got some work to clear so I guess that's going to be the highpoint of my wipeout weekend!

Ugh Frustrated GIF by Equipe de France de Football

What are you lot doing......other than fucking trolling me?

Like how many horses have you got? 

Weather seems ok here for the weekend... I'll be out riding. 

4 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Do they throw chicken bones at you?

Asking For A Friend GIF by MARK VOMIT

Fat people like to stare, its all they can do, not my problem.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Marcel said:

That sucks.... Never liked working weekends. 

At this time of year the traffic is crap at weekends, I prefer riding during the week.

1 hour ago, Marcel said:

Like how many horses have you got? 

Weather seems ok here for the weekend... I'll be out riding. 

Two......and they have to be topped up with hay and have their buckets of granules!

But to give you an idea it was 30c and rising before 10AM this morning.....so there's no escaping this unless we get up at 6AM.

And that's not an option!

You modern city folk are funny, mum said grandpa used to have to spray the chickens down with water to keep them cool, 

This was during the great depression so loosing even a few chickens to the heat could cost a family its fortune.

I know, its easy for y;all today thatys nice, its not like it can get hard again, unless, Putin....

:classic_unsure:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tym said:

7 hours ago, Tym said:

I know, its easy for y;all today thatys nice, its not like it can get hard again, unless, Putin....

:classic_unsure:

What?.... You got a limp noodle and Putin might get you hard again? 

• Haha 2

I foresee nothing but housework as we've just had another roof put on the conservatory so once the plasters dry there'll be painting, have I mentioned I bloody hate painting. I have the boxed skirting out of the front room laying on the cons floor as it's the only place in the house I can get them to paint, front rooms full of the stuff out of the conservatory.
TDM wiring loom looks like a bust mattress as the alarms buggered, not that it's a prob as I have two other bikes but I'm painting anyway.

Longing for Tuesday when I'm off to collect daughter to make untold noise and mayhem back home for a few days. Might get her painting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Got out for an hour at 9.30.....it was already 33c!

20220723_104132-min.jpg.28dc640e7c7e83bb1c0bda1ada3dee16.jpg

This bike is fucking brilliant......runs like a watch.

More air in the front tyre has improved the turn-in a lot, plus I'm getting more used to it now so it's just a matter of modifying my riding style to suit this one after 20 months on the 650GS.

I didn't have time to get used to the 1200GS because the POS was always fucked, so my comparison will always be with the 650GS.

Talking of fucked bikes, I can report that there were no oil leaks, brake failures, strange whirring sounds and flashing warning lights from the dashboard, or engine spluttering.

Yes.....it's what people term a boring Honda! I've had 14 of them and they were all boring......in the sense that they always worked flawlessly and never gave any issue whatsoever.

At my age I'll settle for boring!

• Like 5