It's no longer The Mystery Bike......

XTreme

32 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Fuck these guys, Pete :classic_laugh: you're being made fun of by three guys that together own a KLR, a Harley, and a Ducati that sounds like a box of nuts every time it's started, his biggest mileage on two wheels is done on a Transit. 

Let them fix the GS, ride it around for a couple of months and then sell it on, and keep your eye out for another. These bikes are either the best most reliable thing ever or a pain in the ass, more so if the mechanic isn't specialized in them. 

I knew they'd have a field day.....but we desperately needed a thread Pedro! So I had to throw myself to the wolves!

As for the GS.....it really rides well, I've got no complaints on that score. Plus the workshop doing the work is a recognised BMW independent so no worries there.

And as you can see by the condition, this certainly doesn't seem like an abused bike.

hgyt-min.jpg.9e04defc1be5fbb5a07e05e86a9f5106.jpg

This is the moment I discovered the oil leak......you can see the drip underneath. (I know some twat will do a bad Photoshop number on it now).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Fuck these guys, Pete :classic_laugh: you're being made fun of by three guys that together own a KLR, a Harley, and a Ducati that sounds like a box of nuts every time it's started, his biggest mileage on two wheels is done on a Transit. 

Let them fix the GS, ride it around for a couple of months and then sell it on, and keep your eye out for another. These bikes are either the best most reliable thing ever or a pain in the ass, more so if the mechanic isn't specialized in them. 

Mine doesn’t rattle it’s not got a dry clutch …

consider yourself educated … 😄

• Haha 4

Should be this week, definition, the check is in the mail. 

You should sue you paid for something you dont have.

Turns out a KLR in the garage is like a bird in the hand..

🤪

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Marcel said:

When are you expecting the bike back... Did they give a date or something... 

Soon as they get the parts from Germany!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Soon as they get the parts from Germany!

You got more patients than me , would of told em to keep the lemon by now , demanded another bike or my money bike …

it’s all becoming clear to me now …. You are with bikes how your son is with women 

the office agree GIF by EditingAndLayout

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Six30 said:

You got more patients than me , would of told em to keep the lemon by now , demanded another bike or my money bike …

it’s all becoming clear to me now …. You are with bikes how your son is with women 

"Patience"

• Haha 4

57 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Not at all......I've got no problem changing bikes! It's just that I would like to get this bike back!

If issues continue then I'll obviously have to rethink it, but as it stands it's not costing me a penny and I'm getting loads of new shit in it.

39 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Not at all......I've got no problem changing bikes! It's just that I would like to get this bike back!

If issues continue then I'll obviously have to rethink it, but as it stands it's not costing me a penny and I'm getting loads of new shit in it.

But you’ve been without a bike for a fucking month 

Clint Eastwood Coffee GIF

• Like 1

Just now, Six30 said:

But you’ve been without a bike for a fucking month 

Clint Eastwood Coffee GIF

I know! But it's been blazing heat, a shit load of work, and spending time with the grandkids!

So it's not like I've been sitting round kicking my heels!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I know! But it's been blazing heat, a shit load of work, and spending time with the grandkids!

So it's not like I've been sitting round kicking my heels!

Blah Blah Blah Reaction GIF by Travis

• Haha 2

On 18/06/2022 at 21:47, XTreme said:

I knew they'd have a field day.....but we desperately needed a thread Pedro! So I had to throw myself to the wolves!

As for the GS.....it really rides well, I've got no complaints on that score. Plus the workshop doing the work is a recognised BMW independent so no worries there.

And as you can see by the condition, this certainly doesn't seem like an abused bike.

hgyt-min.jpg.9e04defc1be5fbb5a07e05e86a9f5106.jpg

This is the moment I discovered the oil leak......you can see the drip underneath. (I know some twat will do a bad Photoshop number on it now).

By the time they finish swapping out parts as they find more problems you will only have that top box left of the original bike. Henceforth your bike shall be known as TRIGGER'S BIKE. The terrible thing is, the top box is Italian.

• Haha 5