The Return of The Teutonic Oil Belcher!

XTreme

14 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Get it traded, Pete, the chinese bike proved to be a more faithful companion. 

Butt butt we havnt got to the agony of defeat part. Like trying to fix a Brit car in fairborn ohio circa 1970's. 😆

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Six30 said:

Is this the most disastrous new bike experience you’ve had ?

Absolutely! But I ain't picking up the tab for it......so I'm not losing any sleep.

• Like 2

Just now, Pedro said:

No you don’t, get them to get you a nice VStrom instead

I've had 3 Stroms......I don't really want another one.

• Like 1

Just now, XTreme said:

I've had 3 Stroms......I don't really want another one.

You need a nice GS

A 1200, it’s the best engine BMW ever did …

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

You need a nice GS

A 1200, it’s the best engine BMW ever did …

Strange thing is, I really like that bike.

I know I've only ridden it three times and about 300kms but it was superb.

Like a much more sophisticated and much lighter Big Bird.

You just don't get that same feeling on a Strom etc........you know what I'm talking about.

13 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Strange thing is, I really like that bike.

I know I've only ridden it three times and about 300kms but it was superb.

Like a much more sophisticated and much lighter Big Bird.

You just don't get that same feeling on a Strom etc........you know what I'm talking about.

Yes, they are great!

The balance on them, It’s just right for our roads.

I still miss my 1150 and it was a bag of problems, even today as I’m contemplating a second road bike, another GS is the only thing I keep coming back to :classic_laugh:

Face it Pete, you’re a beemerboy, you belong on Advrider and Bruce should never had left :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

Yes, they are great!

The balance on them, It’s just right for our roads.

I still miss my 1150 and it was a bag of problems, even today as I’m contemplating a second road bike, another GS is the only thing I keep coming back to :classic_laugh:

Face it Pete, you’re a beemerboy, you belong on Advrider and Bruce should never had left :classic_laugh:

I was going along the farm roads (very uneven surfaces with potholes) on it and normally you feel every bump.....I felt nothing.

And I thought I was taking it quite steady getting used to the bike but when I looked at the clock I was doing 140kph.

There's no way I could have done that on the Strom or the 650 without getting bounced all over the place.

And on an XT my few remaining teeth would have fallen out.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I was going along the farm roads (very uneven surfaces with potholes) on it and normally you feel every bump.....I felt nothing.

And I thought I was taking it quite steady getting used to the bike but when I looked at the clock I was doing 140kph.

There’s a reason why people like those bikes for those roads. But there’s also a factor of old shocks allowing the wheels to float and make you feel overly confident over bad surfaces, there’s this speed most bikes are good at absorbing bad roads, slower you feel every bump and faster you’re floating and out of control.

• Like 2

I recall you saying that the ST10 weighed too much and the BMW would be lighter, but I didn't think the weight advantage was because it wouldn't be with you most of the time. Is this what BMW mean about a low centre of gravity?

• Haha 6

The fucking Trolls are out today I see!

You'll be laughing the other side of your faces when I'm out Styling and Profiling with Charley Boorman!

kramer GIF

• Haha 3

On 11/06/2022 at 10:54, XTreme said:

The fucking Trolls are out today I see!

You'll be laughing the other side of your faces when I'm out Styling and Profiling with Charley Boorman!

kramer GIF

I feel your pain about unreliable bikes. I've had to replace a headlight bulb on the Yamaha already and it's only done 19,000 miles. Friday afternoon build I reckon.

• Haha 5