Grasshopper's Rolling Path

Grasshopper

On 17/12/2022 at 01:48, Grasshopper said:

I figure everyone here is tired of me, but I'm having fun and at least I stick to my own thread so as to not bother anyone who isn't interested....lol

Had an amazing drive today through the Rocky Mountains, epic views and breathtaking scenery all the way.

Into a new province today, and a new time zone, which means we lost an hour too.

Tonight we are in stunningly beautiful Canmore, Alberta. ❄️😊

IMG_3465.jpeg

IMG_3479.jpeg

IMG_3471.jpeg

IMG_3481.jpeg

I wish that there was a WOW emoji, because it's definitely needed here! Keep your adventures coming @Grasshopper, they are fantastic! 😎

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 15/12/2022 at 23:27, Pedro said:

Don't know how all cars and vans don't have heated windshields in a place like Canada. It´s like your windshield is warm, literally!

One of my first company cars, back in '89, had heated screen washer bottle and nozzles. When you put the rear screen heater on it also heated the washer bottle and nozzles, which was helpful when it was below freezing outside. I've never seen that on any car since. Heated windscreen is a bit of a Ford thing I think.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tango said:

One of my first company cars, back in '89, had heated screen washer bottle and nozzles. When you put the rear screen heater on it also heated the washer bottle and nozzles, which was helpful when it was below freezing outside. I've never seen that on any car since. Heated windscreen is a bit of a Ford thing I think.

Yep, the heated front screen on our company Transit is ace.  I was dissapointed that Citroen didn't offer that as an option on my wife's new car .

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Yep, the heated front screen on our company Transit is ace.  I was dissapointed that Citroen didn't offer that as an option on my wife's new car .

Hmmm, on a Citroën? Just one more thing to break! 😂😂😂

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Nothing has broken yet 🤞 but it's not done 2000 miles yet so plenty of time 😁

Does it have a dustpan and brush where the spare wheel normally fits, so you can sweep up the bits as they fall off? 😂😂😂

• Haha 4

49 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I believe Ford hold the patent for it.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Marcel said:

When my brother passed away in 2013 I flew into Calgary rented a car and drove to Manitoba to identify and to bring him home... It was summer... All I can remember from the trip is that it's extremely flat.. No trees.. Nothing... Nothing upon thousand of km of farmers fields... I won't never want to live there.... 

The flatness of the prairies freaks me out.  Every time I drive through them I have a day where my brain feels like it is melting.

It's like you are travelling without moving.....nothing changes you are right.....I thought about living in Saskatchewan but decided there was no way I could deal with the flatness.

Drove further into Ontario today and it was nice to see some corners, hills and trees! 🌲 🌳 😊

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

The flatness of the prairies freaks me out.  Every time I drive through them I have a day where my brain feels like it is melting.

It's like you are travelling without moving.....nothing changes you are right.....I thought about living in Saskatchewan but decided there was no way I could deal with the flatness.

Drove further into Ontario today and it was nice to see some corners, hills and trees! 🌲 🌳 😊

Ontario.... Your making good progress!! 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Ontario.... Your making good progress!! 

We were, then as expected we have been slowed down by the Great Lakes.  Thunder Bay is getting a snow storm over the next few days so we are staying put in good old Dryden, Ontario for a couple of days.  Every time I cross Canada Ontario swallows me up for days and days.....lol, most Provinces are done in a day, not Ontario....but strangely it is fun being back in my birth province.  Very familiar. 😊

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Grasshopper said:

We were, then as expected we have been slowed down by the Great Lakes.  Thunder Bay is getting a snow storm over the next few days so we are staying put in good old Dryden, Ontario for a couple of days.  Every time I cross Canada Ontario swallows me up for days and days.....lol, most Provinces are done in a day, not Ontario....but strangely it is fun being back in my birth province.  Very familiar. 😊

I lived in Sarnia for about 10 years.. Have relatives their and sault st marie... Up north.. 

• Like 3

I hope everyone had a lovely holiday. :wave:

We waited out the storm and got back on the road yesterday. The roads are slowly clearly up and we could see rain by the end of the week! I'll take that over -30c . The rain sure would help clean our oh so dirty vehicles.... 😬

Tonight we are in a small town in Ontario near the Great Lake Superior. A quiet place with friendly people, but I don't think anyone is making hamburgers tonight... 😆

ohhhh, and I got a new hat! It rocks in the cold! 👍

IMG_3507.jpeg

IMG_3510.jpeg

IMG_3501.jpeg

IMG_3517.jpeg

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

We waited out the storm and got back on the road yesterday. The roads are slowly clearly up and we could see rain by the end of the week! I'll take that over -30c . The rain sure would help clean our oh so dirty vehicles.... 😬

Tonight we are in a small town in Ontario near the Great Lake Superior. A quiet place with friendly people, but I don't think anyone is making hamburgers tonight... 😆

IMG_3507.jpeg

IMG_3510.jpeg

IMG_3501.jpeg

IMG_3517.jpeg

Where are you now Michelle?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

IMG_3507.jpeg

IMG_3510.jpeg

IMG_3501.jpeg

IMG_3517.jpeg

Is that a barby ? Didn’t you try and fire it up ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Where are you now Michelle?

Probably just leaving the place she said she was staying at in her post as below  
Tonight we are in a small town in Ontario near the Great Lake Superior. A quiet place with friendly people, 

Animated GIF

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

IMG_3507.jpeg

IMG_3510.jpeg

IMG_3501.jpeg

IMG_3517.jpeg

So who's driving what or do you swap about.

• Like 1