Grasshopper's Rolling Path

Grasshopper

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

How do you keep the windscreens clear we have been around or below freezing for the last couple of weeks and the washers have only defrosted a couple of times. This morning i had to pull off the motorway to clean the windscreen threw some water on and by the time i got to the wiper switch (about 3 seconds) it had frozen solid LOL

I used to hate driving wagons in those conditions, huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge great windscreen and you'd end up peering out of a small spot.  I used to keep a spray bottle with 60/40 water and coolant mix and the screen stuff never seemed to work that well.

Climbing up on a slippery metal bumper to aim in at the screen used to be fun (not).

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Seriously, though, there are some windscreen fluids that have a high percentage of antifreeze stuff, I bought some crossing a blizzard in Spain once and it was night and day compared to the normal stuff.

Sorry i just had a picture of me pouring vodka from the local off licence into the screen wash bottle and the lad i work with sticking his head out the window with his mouth open trying to catch a drop every time i wash the windscreen  LOL

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

How do you keep the windscreens clear we have been around or below freezing for the last couple of weeks and the washers have only defrosted a couple of times. This morning i had to pull off the motorway to clean the windscreen threw some water on and by the time i got to the wiper switch (about 3 seconds) it had frozen solid LOL

We have =45 c rated windshield washer fluid in Canada.. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Seriously, though, there are some windscreen fluids that have a high percentage of antifreeze stuff, I bought some crossing a blizzard in Spain once and it was night and day compared to the normal stuff.

@Sir Fallsalot  Just as Pedro mentioned, I just picked up some washer fluid today that is good down to -45c as I might be in those temps next week.  It’s magical stuff that saved my butt yesterday. 😆

• Like 4

Just now, Grasshopper said:

@Sir Fallsalot  Just as Pedro mentioned, I just picked up some washer fluid today that is good down to -45c as I might be in those temps next week.  It’s magical stuff that saved my butt yesterday. 😆

Don't know how all cars and vans don't have heated windshields in a place like Canada. It´s like your windshield is warm, literally!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Don't know how all cars and vans don't have heated windshields in a place like Canada. It´s like your windshield is warm, literally!

We have dash heaters that heat up the windshield.  It’s works well enough and then there are heat coils that normally run on the back windows.  But a heated windshield would be an idea…

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

We have dash heaters that heat up the windshield.  It’s works well enough and then there are heat coils that normally run on the back windows.  But a heated windshield would be an idea…

My car has one, I have needed it three times when it slept outside with deep frost. The coils on windshields are a lot tinier than on the back window, but there are a lot more of them, they're very effective and to me would be a no brainer if I lived somewhere cold like Canada. Here some normal Fords have them, so surely it's not unknown over there.

• Like 2

Super fun day today.  Drove into our first mountain resort where Heli Skiing is the big thing.  A beautiful place and the roads were great.

I was excited to see the Canadian Pacific Holiday Train.  It had stopped for refuelling.  It was all covered with lights and I'm sure would look really cool in the dark.

Sure feel the holiday spirit here in the mountains. 🎄❄️🤩

IMG_3457.thumb.jpeg.3359cd578efba61c29e60800f68ca780.jpeg

IMG_3459.thumb.jpeg.644dbbf2174f6834101e6aa028190f05.jpeg

IMG_3462.thumb.jpeg.79e2e595af01b8f5c49e0776d7d6fe63.jpeg

• Like 7

I figure everyone here is tired of me, but I'm having fun and at least I stick to my own thread so as to not bother anyone who isn't interested....lol

Had an amazing drive today through the Rocky Mountains, epic views and breathtaking scenery all the way.

Into a new province today, and a new time zone, which means we lost an hour too.

Tonight we are in stunningly beautiful Canmore, Alberta. ❄️😊

IMG_3465.jpeg

IMG_3479.jpeg

IMG_3471.jpeg

IMG_3481.jpeg

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

I figure everyone here is tired of me, but I'm having fun and at least I stick to my own thread so as to not bother anyone who isn't interested....lol

Had an amazing drive today through the Rocky Mountains, epic views and breathtaking scenery all the way.

Into a new province today, and a new time zone, which means we lost an hour too.

IMG_3465.jpeg

IMG_3479.jpeg

IMG_3471.jpeg

IMG_3481.jpeg

Looks cold. And cool!

• Like 2

We are definitely not tired of you, this is an adventure that no one else on here has done as far as I know.  @Pedro Morocco trip and your expedition are keeping us entertained while the shitty weather is here   :classic_cool:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Are you joking your the only one here doing anything interesting at the moment keep it up :littleguy:
I googled the train 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Are you joking your the only one here doing anything interesting at the moment keep it up :littleguy:
I googled the train 

Hey thanks, it is as wonderful as I could have imagined at night. So fun!!  😊

• Like 1

Crazy day of driving. 😬

We left the mountains this morning in the wind and snow and it carried on like that all the way into Brooks, Alberta, where we stopped for the night.  So we went from sheltered mountain highways to nothing but fields around us.

The wind and blowing snow made for an interesting drive. ❄️

It's a cool -17c right now. Not much time for smiles and scenery today, so here are a few driving pics. 

Dec17.jpeg

Dec17b.jpeg

Dec17c.jpeg

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Crazy day of driving. 😬

We left the mountains this morning in the wind and snow and it carried on like that all the way into Brooks, Alberta, where we stopped for the night.  So we went from sheltered mountain highways to nothing but fields around us.

The wind and blowing snow made for an interesting drive. ❄️

It's a cool -17c right now. Not much time for smiles and scenery today, so here are a few driving pics. 

Dec17.jpeg

Dec17b.jpeg

Dec17c.jpeg

That looks lethal for driving! 

• Like 1