Blood pressure.

Tym

11 minutes ago, MooN said:

my doc made me take mine 3 times a day for three days and calculate the average. The pharmacy lent me and bracelet thingy with a digital readout that was idiot proof... supposedly 🤔 it was hardly a constraint to do it and cost nothing. 

3 times a day or 9 readings isnt quite enough for an accurate picture but its better than nothing and probably close enough. If you’re sitting still and not moving your wrist or body when the measurements taken then that generally gives a good reading. 

Not that you sound like you need it but if you do in the future blood pressure monitors are pretty cheap to buy (compared with most medical equipment), you just have to be careful to buy something certified and not some imported untested crapola. Blood pressure like diabetes is one of things you’re better off regularly monitoring yourself and giving the results to the GP/nurse when you see them.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Tym said:

Take bps during sex and you;ll have a cow seeing the numbers. 😆

If you take your blood pressure during sex you’re bound to see a cow cos theres no way anyone youre doing the do with is going to think thats alright 😂

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

3 times a day or 9 readings isnt quite enough for an accurate picture but its better than nothing and probably close enough. If you’re sitting still and not moving your wrist or body when the measurements taken then that generally gives a good reading. 

Not that you sound like you need it but if you do in the future blood pressure monitors are pretty cheap to buy (compared with most medical equipment), you just have to be careful to buy something certified and not some imported untested crapola. Blood pressure like diabetes is one of things you’re better off regularly monitoring yourself and giving the results to the GP/nurse when you see them.

Mandy bought an Omiron BP thingy and it seems pretty good, but even though she was measuring and recording her blood pressure several times a day they still hooked her up to a 24hr monitor just to make sure. Mandy is on medication for high blood pressure now, which seems to be working.  I check my BP every now and then and fortunately it's pretty much in the normal range.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tango said:

Mandy bought an Omiron BP thingy and it seems pretty good, but even though she was measuring and recording her blood pressure several times a day they still hooked her up to a 24hr monitor just to make sure. Mandy is on medication for high blood pressure now, which seems to be working.  I check my BP every now and then and fortunately it's pretty much in the normal range.

Several times a day is more like it and a 24 hour recording’ is very useful, they usually go off every 30 mins though and being woken up every 30mins can really annoy, its make folks BP go up! 😂

Blood pressure medications work, its worth bearing with the side effects of blood pressure meds while the body adjusts and worth keeping an eye on it, do that and everything’s dandy. Its only when its ignored or not known about people pop in the most unpleasant of ways.

We used to use Omron on the ward, they were known for being reliable, I should imagine they still are 👍

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mawsley said:

Depends on how much you want to live on with no pension and the world going to shit in a diahorrea-laden handcart I guess. Me, I’m happy to check out any time…and I’ll be doing so with a gut full of alcohol and a mouthful of chips. 

Most of us want to simply check out, we don’t want what the majority get which isn’t death, first its disability. Sadly on the check list death is rarely the first option, becoming a dribbler that can’t ride or wipe their own arse is.

The older you are the more likely you are to get the simple check out you’re after, the younger you are the more likely you are get the trapped in your shitty body option. 

Unmanaged blood pressure, atrial fibrillation and diabetes are right up there on the slow crappy exit list. If you want to avoid the horrible slow deterioration option those are the things to take care of. That and general fitness. 

Oddly its exactly the sort of people who don’t want medical care who also can’t abide being looked after when they stroke out, they’re a PITA.

There endeth the nursey sermon, you don’t get to choose a quick exit and its rarely on offer. Unless you’re willing/able to take matters into your own hands which is generally so devastating most folk won’t do that to their loved ones. 

• Like 2

Funny how most of you are avoiding the BP during sex comment, now we all know everyone typing has a bp....i guess not so much on the sex parts. :classic_wacko:

2 hours ago, Mawsley said:

I’m not looking forward to the next stage of deterioration - buying a Chinese piece of crap

Well you've bought every other piece of crap under the sun!

Then fell off it!

Spider Man Lol GIF

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

If you take your blood pressure during sex you’re bound to see a cow cos theres no way anyone youre doing the do with is going to think thats alright 😂

it would all be over way before  he got a reading

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Tym said:

Funny how most of you are avoiding the BP during sex comment, now we all know everyone typing has a bp....i guess not so much on the sex parts. :classic_wacko:

Sex is overrated Tym, 5 minutes of huffing and puffing for what ??  .  I'm just letting you know incase you're thinking of trying it soon  :classic_unsure:

• Haha 6

14 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Sex is overrated Tym, 5 minutes of huffing and puffing for what ??  .  I'm just letting you know incase you're thinking of trying it soon  :classic_unsure:

Just spat out some wine.:rofl:

• Haha 4

Got me thinking, if i had to fuck for 5 whole fucking minutes id probably fake an orgasm just so i could go to sleeep. :littleguy:

• Haha 5