So Who are the Casuals here?

XTreme

29 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

This is true but I found myself in conflicting camps as I was a biker and a football supporter , my football mates just didn't get 'the bike thing' ?

Not sure if you can use the term “biker”, you may want to check with the chief arbiter first.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

There we go, now you're making sense ??

You understand that you are the window licker in this picture don’t you?

2 hours ago, Tym said:

I would never join a club that would have me as a member, i have standards...:classic_unsure:

Great quote, Goucho Marx was also an american so you can get away with it.

Regarding this whole biker / non biker nonsense, I think you're all getting a little bit of cabin fever. I, for one, refuse to see myself as a biker. I just like riding bikes and what they do for me, not really into the whole kindred spirit thing connecting me to every twat on two wheels, except if she's got a nice smile and clever humor.

I enjoy riding my bikes, more so if I'm by myself since that is what I'm looking for, time alone. I wave to other people on bikes, and stop if someone is stranded on the side of the road, but don't pretend I have any sort of connection to them, and in fact usually assume I don't. Having said that, I have a couple of friends who also ride bikes and I spend some time with them, usually over a meal and plenty of wine instead of riding bikes, couldn't care less if that takes away from me being considered a biker since I am just a guy who enjoys riding and traveling on bikes.

Whenever people assume I would like to hang around someone else just because they also ride a bike, I am the first to correct them saying they can annoy me as much as anyone else, if not more :classic_laugh:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Pedro said:

....I just like riding bikes and what they do for me, not really into the whole kindred spirit thing connecting me to every twat on two wheels, except if she's got a nice smile and clever humor."

I enjoy riding my bikes, more so if I'm by myself since that is what I'm looking for, time alone. I wave to other people on bikes, and stop if someone is stranded on the side of the road, but don't pretend I have any sort of connection to them, and in fact usually assume I don't. Having said that, I have a couple of friends who also ride bikes and I spend some time with them, usually over a meal and plenty of wine instead of riding bikes, couldn't care less if that takes away from me being considered a biker since I am just a guy who enjoys riding and traveling on bikes.

Whenever people assume I would like to hang around someone else just because they also ride a bike, I am the first to correct them saying they can annoy me as much as anyone else, if not more :classic_laugh:

Very similar here.  i would just add that i've met some really good motorcycle enthusiasts thru all this online stuff, that i wouldnt have met otherwise.   Even Bruce, whom i plan on meeting in the flesh someday soon.

Dont really care what bike you ride, just that you love to ride.  Grew up on Hondas, went thru Kawis and a Groundpounder and a Road Glide before choosing my current brand.  I just love tweaking the nose of those who think their bike choice defines them, and defines them as better than others.  Especially them KTM guys.  They are totally clueless ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, alfalfa said:

They are totally clueless ?

Agreed, although I don't even care if people ride bikes or not. It's the passion, can be cars, boats, running, cycling, chess playing, if you don't have something that touches you you're not an interesting person. And bikes aren't even a passion for me, just something that makes me feel good.

• Like 2

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

Is it only me that feels uncomfortable when some asks how you two met and the honest answer is we met online :classic_laugh:

I had a girlfriend like that once and we made up a story to tell people :littleguy:

• Like 1

As I said earlier.......it's different things to different people.

Some always like to ride in groups......I don't......I did enough of that in the 70's to last me a fucking lifetime.

You meet up somewhere......and guaranteed some twats haven't fuelled. So we all have to stop at the first petrol station.

Then some can't keep up and you're having to wait for them all the time. Stop and start continually!

Then some twat breaks down (no recovery trucks or phones in those days).......you get going again and some twat falls off.

Finally get to where you were going and somebody reckons it's shit and it was a wasted ride......so him and the guy who took us start scuffling.

Go in a cafe and somebody sits on the jukebox and falls right through it and the Police get called. I could write a book on some of the stupid shit I've seen!

That's why I go where I want, when I want, and at the pace that I want. And I don't have to keep checking my mirrors every two seconds to see what other twats are doing around me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I was thinking more when your friend is a man :classic_laugh:

Well, we’re in 2020, your “friend” can be whichever gender you want :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Agreed, although I don't even care if people ride bikes or not. It's the passion, can be cars, boats, running, cycling, chess playing, if you don't have something that touches you you're not an interesting person. And bikes aren't even a passion for me, just something that makes me feel good.

So agree, I might not be into what you are into, but gosh darn it, if you are not passionate about something then I'm moving on..... ?

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Pedro said:

The above, except women with a nice smile who like motorcycles, I assume I like them. There you go, sexism, guilty

No shame in stating what you like.....ladies need to chill out about that stuff.... ? A big smile just for you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I was thinking more when your friend is a man :classic_laugh:

If you like a bit of cock and bum fun then that’s up to you, it’s a brave new world.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Is it only me that feels uncomfortable when some asks how you two met and the honest answer is we met online :classic_laugh:

seems pretty common nowadays.  so common that when we are out on a trip, chatting up people we meet, when they ask how we all met we just say "eHarmony" ?

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, alfalfa said:

when they ask how we all met we just say "eHarmony" ?

I got one, just say you met in prison, and one of you had a sex change, and they have to guess which one...:rofl:

• Haha 3

if you live in any kind of rural area its hard tp meet like minded people without the internet. We still haven't found a good group to ride with, its all patch clubs, middle age mods and drunks on scooters that have lost their licenses so its a 50cc scooter or Shank's pony for you boy. 

• Like 3