So Who are the Casuals here?

XTreme

Here's a trivia question to see who knows their shit......and who's a Casual!

A British racer rode a motorcycle for one of the actors in one of the biggest movies of the 1960's!

Can you tell me the rider, the film, the bike......and post up the actual clip!

And extra points if you can tell me why HE was specifically chosen to do the riding! Essentially......what was different about him compared to other racers that got him chosen?

If you avoid the thread......you're a Casual! If you get it wrong.....you're a Casual! And if you get it right, the likelihood is you fucking cheated! So you're still a Casual!

So come on then......give me the answer! And prove to everybody else that you're not the twat that everybody thinks you are! :classic_laugh:

Pretty sure I know this one, it was before they decided that stunt doubles had to be the same sex as the actual actor.

Just now, Buckster said:

Pretty sure I know this one, it was before they decided that stunt doubles had to be the same sex as the actual actor.

On the right path Ian!

The guy was dead the next year, before my time of course, came up in a trivia quiz once. I got it wrong back then.

8 minutes ago, Buckster said:

The guy was dead the next year, before my time of course, came up in a trivia quiz once. I got it wrong back then.

No.....it was 4 years later!

10 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Bill Ivy died in 1969 during practice in Germany.

You got it! He was a legend!

And he got the Thunderball gig because he was only 5'3" so he could double for a woman due to his stature!

It's confirmed! @Buckster is not a Casual!

But there's still time for others to distance themselves from this demographic........because until proven otherwise......you're a Casual.

So the more times you try......the greater the odds of removing this stigma! Keep going @BusBoy

Here's another question......Which bike had the most BHP per CC in 1973?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I was going to say Z900, guess I'm just a casual ?

You guessed right Bob! And the Z900 hadn't been released in 1973......the Z1 was still current!

40 minutes ago, Tym said:

Y;all are doing my head in!

I'm hoping we don't get a failure on this question Tym.......it would make the forum look pretty sad!

5 hours ago, XTreme said:

You got it! He was a legend!

And he got the Thunderball gig because he was only 5'3" so he could double for a woman due to his stature!

Just seen this and thought it might have been a Bond film. 

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

You guessed right Bob! And the Z900 hadn't been released in 1973......the Z1 was still current!

I almost got one but fortunately couldn’t afford the h.p., thankfully! Wouldn’t have lasted.

55 minutes ago, Buckster said:

I’m going to say the KH750 triple, it was the era of two strokes.

The KH was the watered down gutless version of the H2.......and end of line.

So it wasn't that.......and it wasn't the H2 either.

The GT250 was the same power as the RD. The bigger GT’s didn’t deliver on power. The Kawasaki S1 had a touch more power but was shite. Other than them I cannot think what else it could be.