2022 BSA Gold Star

boboneleg

46 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

They must still be making them out of cast iron that's a heavy bike for a naked 650 single

Weight concerns you now then Fred?

The years catching up are they?

Season 5 Episode 3 GIF by Living Single

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Not really but that is actually heavy for that type of bike look at this chinky bike better looking and about 40kg lighter
https://bikez.com/motorcycles/mash_dirt_track_650_2019.php

Yeah but in the flesh Mash look like theyre made from tinfoil 😂 

• Haha 2

Sent that vid to my Pa, he said- 

Yust I’ve seen it. If you ask me it’ll be a big disappointment if you’re used to modern mobikes. I didn’t rate it at the time. It’s just a big thumper under powered lump.👎

BSA tried to cash in by making a cheap version of the Manx Norton. Which would piss all over it once you mastered the close ratio gearbox (not easy peasy)

I say what’s that then? He replied-

For expert experienced yobbos only. By the time you’ve got the clutch in it’s doing 30mph. And a bonneville is lapping you! Great on a circuit shite on the street.

So what is this close ratio gearbox he speaks of?

Close ratio, lets just say you'll get less drop in the revs and you move up each gear compered to the norm. You'd normally have them on a race engine with a narrow power band.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

I seen on FB......all these people jumping for joy that BSA is back!

WTF? These POS things don't come from Birmingham......they come from Bombay FFS!

Exactly. Just manufactured here. Remember Made in Hong Kong?  Made in UK will be the modern day equivalent. Are there many UK companies left that aren't owned by Johnny Foreigner? 😂

• Haha 1

On 05/12/2021 at 23:48, Specs said:

Exactly. Just manufactured here. Remember Made in Hong Kong?  Made in UK will be the modern day equivalent. Are there many UK companies left that aren't owned by Johnny Foreigner? 😂

Morgan, maybe?

• Like 1