What's Gripping Your Shit at the Moment?

Tango

There must be something happening to you at the moment that makes you shout FFS!!

Get it off your chest here. You may get some sympathy and encouragement, but likely you'll just get called a cunt, however, you'll likely feel better whichever!

• Like 2

My biggest gripe at the moment is concerning the transfer of the private pension fund from my last employer. I've been retired for a year now and they're still fucking me about! First it was the pension administrators who took forever to respond to my Independent Financial Adviser and then put up as many obstacles as they could. Once we got around that they then said that they've passed it on to the pension trustees, who are ignoring everyone! I've even got my old manager at the company to put pressure on the payroll manager to get things sorted, but nothing!

Fortunately I've got other private pensions that are paying out, so I'm not skint, but I'm fully expecting the chancellor of the exchequer to start looking at ways to get his hands on some of the money in private pensions soon and I'd rather get all the money transferred to my overseas fund than see a big chunk get grabbed by those bastards!

Anyway, that's what's gripping my shit at the moment!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

We've got to get new residency cards because of Brexit......the TIE.

That involves a copy of the Padron (Town Hall register), photos, a shitload of forms with documents for everything, pay the fee at the bank (€12), book an appointment at the Police station in Baza, then give them all the documents and have our fingerprints taken. Then go back in six weeks to get the new cards.

I've got better fucking things to do in my life than this stupid unnecessary shit!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, XTreme said:

We've got to get new residency cards because of Brexit......the TIE.

That involves a copy of the Padron (Town Hall register), photos, a shitload of forms with documents for everything, pay the fee at the bank (€12), book an appointment at the Police station in Baza, then give them all the documents and have our fingerprints taken. Then go back in six weeks to get the new cards.

I've got better fucking things to do in my life than this stupid unnecessary shit!

We've been through that, Pete. A file of documents that had to be submitted and then a trip to Carcassonne to hand in passport style photos and have our fingerprints done. But we've got the cards now, so it's all good for the next 5 years.

• Like 3

Just now, Tango said:

We've been through that, Pete. A file of documents that had to be submitted and then a trip to Carcassonne to hand in passport style photos and have our fingerprints done. But we've got the cards now, so it's all good for the next 5 years.

We weren't going to rush because of the Covid situation.

There's no obligation for us to change from the old one but they recommend that you do.

I think @DangerRuss58 has got his......not sure about @Skippy though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

We weren't going to rush because of the Covid situation.

There's no obligation for us to change from the old one but they recommend that you do.

I think @DangerRuss58 has got his......not sure about @Skippy though.

People here have to change to the new card irrespective of their old card, if they have one. It's causing all sorts of issues because some folk who had the previous one that had an indefinite time limit still think that they don't need to change them, in spite of the French government posting all sorts of adverts advising that they do need to be changed! A fair number of older people, who are not on social media, are going to fall foul of this. There's also a good bit of misinformation circulating that isn't helping the situation. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Clive said:

Getting to the point that it's not worth wasting a gallon of petrol on it👿.....

My missis' daughter had an Aprilia 125 scoot that gave no end of problems.  In the end it developed an electrical fault that we couldn't get to the bottom of, so she sold it as a non-runner. Funnily enough though, apparently it was some special edition or something, so the guy who bought it paid more for it than what my missus paid for it as a runner!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Tango said:

My missis' daughter had an Aprilia 125 scoot that gave no end of problems.  In the end it developed an electrical fault that we couldn't get to the bottom of, so she sold it as a non-runner. Funnily enough though, apparently it was some special edition or something, so the guy who bought it paid more for it than what my missus paid for it as a runner!

Doubt that would happen with this, would be nice though.😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Six30 said:

Extinction Rebellion mob …. Lefty snowflakes…. any other delicate cunts

But surely if a bunch of tree hugging eco warriors are gripping your shit then you must be a snowflake yourself?

I couldn't give a shit what they do!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

But surely if a bunch of tree hugging eco warriors are gripping your shit then you must be a snowflake yourself?

I couldn't give a shit what they do!

Explain how that makes me a snowflake ?

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Getting to the point?

It's in the shed, battery disconnected, and a sheet over it, can't see it, then it don't exist, works for the Ostrich.😂

• Haha 4

Stuff I can't pull open easily any more, plastic covered items etc. More and more I have to go looking for scissors after a fruitless few attempts.

People who are so busy faffing about in their cars doing other stuff they miss a green light and go at the last minute just as the red comes back on.

Things you have to do at work that you know are just a box ticking exercise and makes no difference what so ever but take up your time anyway.

Police cars obeying speed limits in front of you when you are in a hurry and there is no alternative route.

Olives.

Prawns, they look at you.

Noncey tea.

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Stuff I can't pull open easily any more, plastic covered items etc. More and more I have to go looking for scissors after a fruitless few attempts.

People who are so busy faffing about in their cars doing other stuff they miss a green light and go at the last minute just as the red comes back on.

Things you have to do at work that you know are just a box ticking exercise and makes no difference what so ever but take up your time anyway.

Police cars obeying speed limits in front of you when you are in a hurry and there is no alternative route.

Olives.

Prawns, they look at you.

Noncey tea.

Wow Yen, you need to talk, mate! 😂😂

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

So you've been identified as a 'foreigner'  ?  Fuckmine, I wonder what gave you away  🤔

I think it was 16 years here and never got done for wife beating! 

I did have a go but she sparked me out first round.

bitch slap GIF

• Haha 6

Missus got her car back, but the rear light cluster hasn't been replaced and the passenger door mirror won't adjust properly now. And the dealer is ignoring her messages! She says that she's going to set one of her colleagues onto them later if she hears nothing back soon!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1