Six Months Ago......

XTreme

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

...... @Richzx6r asked whether he was going to get stitched up on this forum?

Well.....have you figured out that answer to that yet Rich?

Did I? Well the answer was yes a proper stich up..... I was promised more ride reports than the last place and as yet iv seen a handfullSteve Coogan Shrug GIF

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Did I? Well the answer was yes a proper stich up..... I was promised more ride reports than the last place and as yet iv seen a handfullSteve Coogan Shrug GIF

My associate @Six30 is working on it as we speak!

1 hour ago, Richzx6r said:

We're waiting for your lead @Richzx6r, where's your Ride Report :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Richzx6r said:

Got to get it insured first, life ain't fun when your constantly skint 

You still working though aren't you Rich?

54 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You still working though aren't you Rich?

Yeah I am but I'm the only one of us working, she still doesn't want to go back to work........ and apparently I earn too much money for benefits 🙃 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Yeah I am but I'm the only one of us working, she still doesn't want to go back to work........ and apparently I earn too much money for benefits 🙃 

Yeh.....when you go down to one wage coming in it puts the pressure on.

My missus stopped work at the end of 1987 when she was pregnant and that was it.

She was never able to go back because we had nobody to look after the kids!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Is it even viable for her to go back what with sky high childcare costs n all that?

When I asked about childcare at the hospital trust I worked for they said “it’s £50 per day per child, you do get a discount on the second child so it would be £75 a day but we don’t have any places available” I said I can’t afford that on nurses pay to which they replied “Well it’s not for you then is it” ?!?! That was over 15 years ago so maybe things have improved, can’t imagine their prices now.

They then ran advertising on the radio for trained staff (cos they were desperate) stating they had childcare facilities 🙄 factually correct but bullshit cos anyone lower than Consultant level couldn’t afford it! So hoping you have amenable relatives?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Yeh.....when you go down to one wage coming in it puts the pressure on.

My missus stopped work at the end of 1987 when she was pregnant and that was it.

She was never able to go back because we had nobody to look after the kids!

Yeah it does, one of our friends owns a nursery but would still be 48 quid a day so it would kinda be pointless putting her in for the wage she would be pulling so it will just be me working for the foreseeable 

4 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Is it even viable for her to go back what with sky high childcare costs n all that?

When I asked about childcare at the hospital trust I worked for they said “it’s £50 per day per child, you do get a discount on the second child so it would be £75 a day but we don’t have any places available” I said I can’t afford that on nurses pay to which they replied “Well it’s not for you then is it” ?!?! That was over 15 years ago so maybe things have improved, can’t imagine their prices now.

They then ran advertising on the radio for trained staff (cos they were desperate) stating they had childcare facilities 🙄 factually correct but bullshit cos anyone lower than Consultant level couldn’t afford it! So hoping you have amenable relatives?

We currently live 250 miles from our relatives who could help out, due to living costs its much doubtful that we could go back to that area though something we are giving some thought to as if we did she could work part time aswell unlike at the moment 

• Like 2

Just now, Richzx6r said:

We currently live 250 miles from our relatives who could help out, due to living costs its much doubtful that we could go back to that area though something we are giving some thought to as if we did she could work part time aswell unlike at the moment 

Child care costs against a crippling mortgage is fun maths isn’t it 😖 Babies are lovely n all but the weights that they come with are no laugh. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Clive said:

3-6 months in reserve.........I currently have 120 to my name ......don't think im doing too well on that front

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Child care costs against a crippling mortgage is fun maths isn’t it 😖 Babies are lovely n all but the weights that they come with are no laugh. 

Yeah I would never be without her but its definitely no walk in the park money wise.

And this is without a mortgage at the moment 

• Like 2

Just now, Six30 said:

Take the little shits out of school at about the age of  9 and get em working on the Hod or something .

Or back up the chimneys?

Just now, Six30 said:

Take the little shits out of school at about the age of  9 and get em working on the Hod or something .

Its definitely crossed my mind 

• Haha 1

My wife was made redundant 3 years before her retirement date..........the firm were she worked went into administration, so no redundancy, just the government minimum redundancy.....£2000 for 15 years work.

She signed on, with her still being under 65 years old.........and after 16 weeks was told "you no longer have to sign on every fortnight", she asked why, to be told ", you have had your entitlement!!!!!......no more ££££.

So had to learn to live on just my wage,average bring home £1200 per month!!.

We/she applied for whatever we thought we could, but everything we tried to claim for, it was always the same "you are just over the limit" for whatever we tried to claims for.

In actual fact we are slightly better off now with both of our pensions, my pit pension and a small private pension.

While 4 of our (same age as us) neighbours have a motobility car, pay very little rent or council tax.........us fook all.......so I know how @Richzx6r feels.👿

• Like 3